1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help NMIndexingService.exe error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by philly37, Apr 2, 2007.

1. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Hey has anyone had this error before
    NMIndexingService.exe

I seem to get it evertime i trun on my computer for about a day. I googled it and keep getting info on hijackthis and nothing about what it is

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

It is part of Nero, Nero Scout in fact. When you install Nero 7, Nero Scout is flagged to start automatically next time you start the computer. It's an indexing tool to find all your audio, video and picture files to use in Nero Home.

Nero Scout will load a service in the background and it monitors for files, which it will then index and prepare for use. It also installs itself in My Computer. When you open My Computer it takes a little longer then usual to display the contents. Like the Windows Indexing service, the load of the background indexing service of Nero Scout can be high when processing and updating indexes. This is very annoying to most people. You can disable Nero Scout from starting when you install the Nero suite, but you can also disable Nero Scout manually after the install finishes.

Look here to find out what to do

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=t&oq=disable+nero