1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...No sound after FDISK

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xklante, Oct 2, 2004.

1. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

I just downloaded that file.

The drivers you need should be located in C:\TEMP\WINXP So when it says DIR, type that or select that.

In the Root Directory of TEMP (C:\TEMP) there is 4 Setup files. You need to double click on the SETUP.EXE file that is 72KB in size. It should have an Icon of a Computer.

That should install the drivers you need.

CJC

2. chrobak

chrobak Guest

Wair start over.... I 1st etract it to C:\TEMP right?...THen i go to advanced thing but when i got to tempWinxp there is no more sub files with setup.exe AND WAT U MEAN BY DIR

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004
  3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok DIR=Directory

When you extract all the files there should be a whole lot of files and folders in C:\TEMP.

One of those folders is WinXP which should have 3 files in it (the drivers you need)

Back in C:\TEMP there should be 4 files named Setup, one called SETUP.EXE . If you double click on that and follow the prompts it should install the drivers for you.

CJC

4. chrobak

chrobak Guest

When i extracted that folder to C:\Temp and went under Windows XP there are 3 files but only 3 viaudio files

5. chrobak

chrobak Guest

it looks like the same exact folder

6. chrobak

chrobak Guest

it looks like the same exact folder

7. chrobak

chrobak Guest

on the 160a folder i just clicked extract files then to C:\TEMP but same thing pretty much comes up

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok, in the C:\TEMP you should see

[​IMG]

Double click on the Setup.exe file (that is circled in the picture. That should install the drivers for you.

If not, go into Device Manger and click Update driver then tell it to look in C:\TEMP\WinXP

CJC

9. chrobak

chrobak Guest

i dont see that i just see...
    the 1st 8 folders u have
    How r u supposed to extract all the other folder with those

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004
  10. CJC

CJC Regular member

You wont see those files if you are in Device Manger searching for the Drivers.

Double Click My Computer, then select your C:\ then double click on the folder TEMP, now you should see those files.

If you dont, go back to the Zip file, and then click Extract, and try extracting again.

CJC

11. chrobak

chrobak Guest

WAt u mean my C:\

12. CJC

CJC Regular member

Open up My Computer then you should see Local Disc (C:) that is C: aka your Hard Drive

CJC

13. chrobak

chrobak Guest

ok i wen to my cpu, then my folders, then pressed minus then i saw temp and minused that and still same thing

14. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok

Double Click [​IMG]-> Double Click C:\ [​IMG] -> Double Click TEMP [​IMG]

Now do you see all the files ? You might have to scroll down a bit.

CJC

15. chrobak

chrobak Guest

how did u take the pictures on ur cpu and stuff and stick it on there. Then ill show u wat i have.NVm......BUT when i open that on my cpu i see the same exact files in the same exact way.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
  16. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok if you see the same files in the same way.

Double click on the file called SETUP.EXE, the one thats circled in one of the pictures above.

All i did was take some screen shoots, crop them and then upload them into so webspace.

CJC

17. chrobak

chrobak Guest

no im sayin i c the same exact files as i do when i downloaded the thing and i dont see no setup.exe. So i dont knoe if i extracted right.I just went to the file i downloaded and clicked extract files. Then it opened up the folder temp with the sme exact stuff but with no setup.exe same thing happens in my cpu.

18. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok

I downloaded the files from this location: http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/driver/sound/160a.zip

I double clicked one it was downloaded then Clicked the EXTRACT button in WinZip.

In the EXTRACT TO box i typed C:\TEMP then down the bottom i made sure it said ALL FILES/FOLDERS IN ARCHIVE then i clicked EXTRACT

Then i got all those files that i first showed you with the SETUP.EXE file.

You might want to download the files again and re-extract them

First off go and DELETE the TEMP FOLDER so there it doesnt Exist. Then start again....

CJC

19. chrobak

chrobak Guest

hey that explained alot u had to use winzip. And i did that and found setep.exe but it said cannot install because it said setup cannot find setup.dll which is needed to finish installination, ERROR 103

20. CJC

CJC Regular member

I just tried running it aswell and i get the same thing.

Its looking for the _SETUP.DLL file but its not even there.

Umm the only other way would be through Device Manager, which it should be working.

It may be eaiser if you had either MSN/AIM/Yahoo/ICQ to PM me your Nick/Number and might be able to help that way.

CJC