1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NO XBOX DASHBOARD AT ALL!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by gunmetald, Aug 27, 2005.

1. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

Hi I am seriously in need of some help i soft modded my xbox and got the evo x dash made, a back up of my hard drive ok all safe right? well Because i found out afterwards that i couldn't sign into xbox live i decided to delete the evox dash and maybe it might return to normal, well so i thought! Well now i have no dash no linux profile on splinter cell and i don't think i will ever have a dash board again can anyone help!! i don't want to fork out another £100 for another xbox. it loads games but still doesn't let me sign in to xbox live

2. d0ck

d0ck Guest

Alright. Two things, if you can load up games, go with "Slayers Auto-installer".. If not

Get a copy of "xbhdm" get the back up info you got. Hopefully the "C" and "E".. Take those drop THE FILES into the "C" and "E" folder that came with the "xbhdm" then get your back up info the "HDD Key" aka "HDD Disable Key" and print it out.. Now, click "Make-iso-win" I believe it is, or something along those lines, and burn the ISO it created to a disc.. Now, with your HDD key printed out, and your software in hands, turn off your comp.. Unhook all the drives to your comp, when I mean drives, I mean "HARD DRIVE" place your xbox drive on the MASTER cable, and boot your PC with the disc you made.. Now, at the load-up screen click "Lock and unlock" or something believe it's #3. Once you enter type in "unlockhd -p ########" where "####" type in the HDD key. Now the drive is unlocked, reboot PC, load up the disc you made and go into "option 1" then type in "xboxhd" then at the next screen "build HD from scratch" and with the supplied files from the "C" and "E" folder you backed up the disc remakes it back to normal pretty much.. So after it's done rebuilding the "C" and "E" drive ect ect, you have to "lock" it, so shut down your PC start it back up, press "#3" unlock lock toolz again.. press in "lockhd -p #####"<~~ number is "HDD key" again. Then once it's locked you're good to go..

BTW if during the process your comp tells you the drive is frozen.. You have to either find a older computer, or hotswap. (I hotswap with my HP pent 4) once the computer starts like it says the name of it, mine is HP so the "HP" screen loads, then your program loads. Well after the first screen, hook the ATA cable up quickly to your xbox HD (Have the power cord already hooked up)

3. hosed

hosed Member

I'm also screwed. Tried to softmod my sons and somehow it bombed. Now there isn't any way to restore and get the MS dashboard back. Does anyone know how to restore it?

4. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

I know have the X3CE and a new hdd so im fixed!

5. hosed

hosed Member

What did you have to do to get your xbox back to full use?

6. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

I brought an unlocked hdd (with the xbox operating system on it) off of ebay then Installed it using x3 bios, then locked it and it is now locked to my console. everything works fine and you don't need the eeprom or anything because an eeprom is an eeprom no console has its own.

7. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

can someone explain to me more on how to make a lock unlock disk so i can unlock and fix my hdd then lock it again? I need help finding the hdd keys and the original xbox files?
    thanks much

8. d0ck

d0ck Guest

Guy EACH xbox has a Duiffernt eeprom. REASON you can read unlocked drives cause of Xecuter 3. FOR ONE.. So, yes eeprom is VERY important... READ MY POST ABOUT XBOXHDM if you don't have the info like, eep or HDD key, then mod your system with a modchip. If you can;'t buy a new system simple as that.. Also, ol'buddy says eeprom all the same.. Take a eeprom and load it to your xbox, and see if it cuts on. That'll show you that every eep is differnt.. ALSO it is how M$ bans people.. through there EEP cause it contaisn all vital information

SEARIAL NUMBER
    HDD SERIAL ect..

9. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

hey, is there anyway i can use my chiped xbox with excuter 3 ce to fix my other xbox hdd?
    i need to find away to unlock it so i can put the dash back on it and would it work if i moded the messed up xbox? cus i put the hdd in my modded xbox and it doesn't load i get a stupid error.
    can you help me fix my xbox please you sound like you know what you are doing?
    thanks much

10. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

yu-8 where did you get your evox dash from i can't get the evox dash on my xbox with out it being in a xbe file. I need a file i can flash with http

11. westsides

westsides Guest

same happened here but i got a refund on xbox live because i had it for 2 days and i said i didnt want it because of profanity and i traded inmyxbox to gamestop yup they buy broken consoles so does eb games so with the refund and the trade in i got a new xbox still softmoded it anyway i always save games to my harddrive CAUTION:NEVER DELETE EVOX DASHBOARD OR ANYOTHER SOFTMOD DASHBOARD WILL CAUSE XBOX TO GET BUSTED UP AND IT WILL VOID YOUR WARANNTY IF YOUR WILLING TO SWAP YOUR HARDRIVE OR BUY A NEW ONE IT WILL PROBABLY FIX THE XBOX ALLOWING YOU TO SIGHN BACK ON XBL BUT HTE HARDDRIVE YOU BYE MUST BE MADE FOR XBOX IF ITS NOT IT SOMETIMES CAUSES YOUR XBOX TO SHORT CUIRCUIT.

12. winston29

winston29 Member

i need help i lost my dash bored and cant get it back

13. walz04736

walz04736 Member

can u make a softmod play computer games in a xbox

14. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

hey you proberly can't play PC games on a softmodded xbox but next time get the right thread! this is about xbox dashboard's

15. kieron181

kieron181 Member

This happend to me all i did was load up a ftp dashboard (evox)on another xbox. and then take out the hardrive .and stick in the hardrive with no dashboard whilst its still on and select msdash after swapping them while its still on then go to msdash from there and copy the linux installer to the dashboard which will now apeare because its loaded it from the working xboxes hardrive and then once the linux installer is on the dashboardless hardrive boot up the disk that u r softmoding with i suggest splintercell and install the modified dashboard on then run it and ftp a new msdash across from another xbox and your done. p.s i cant spell and hopfully you can understand this hope it helps.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  16. imgr8

imgr8 Guest

I softmoded my xbox and put both evox and unleasedx on it. It was working fine for a day or two then when i rebooted it came up with a screen that said my xbox needed service and there is no number. It also doesn't read games at all.

17. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

I have never heard of no error code before!

18. madmanc

madmanc Guest

lol change your tv mode to4:3 or summit i had the same prob
    when i changed to a narrower screen format it was then in the top left corner in white ;-)

19. westsides

westsides Guest

imgr8 same happened here thats what happens when u accidently delete one of the dashboards i had to buy a new one although u should be able to play non burnt games if there already in the tray before u start up the xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2005
  20. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

a new what a new xbox