1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NO XBOX DASHBOARD AT ALL!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by gunmetald, Aug 27, 2005.

1. exit13

exit13 Guest

Ok, here goes. Xbox been modded for well over a year, with no problems whatsoever. Last night I wanted to play a DVD in it I started the DVD and it locked up. Rebooted the XBOX, and I lost the xecuter2 logo at the bottom of the boot screen, it said Microsoft again. And brought me to an evox dashboard, but not with all the menus I had originally. After some research way too late at night I decided to try to re-flash the chip with the New HD installer CD. Im sure this was a bad idea, as now I get the "Christmas Lights" and an error code of 05. Depending on what switches I flip on the chip, I can get into the Cromwell blue flash screen, but that is it. Please help! I have no clue where to go from here.

2. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

hi exit 13,

You have a chip yes, you know how to use xbins right?
    goto auto installers and download the slayers evox auto installer, From what I remeber you will need a bittorent client open the file using the client and burn it to a disk it is already in an ISO file.
    any other probs, post away!

3. exit13

exit13 Guest

ok im at work now got slayers evox 2.6 install waiting on my pc at home for when i get home, only concern is i screwed the chip up when i tried to flash it last night. what do you think?

4. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

if you think its screwed then theres nothing to loose but if you can get the xecuter or evox bios to work then use the slayers and burn it to a dvd it installs XBMP and avaulanch dash evox dash of course and aload of other stuff! also try an older version of bios? sometimes that works then flash it with the ones you want, Which chip do you have

5. exit13

exit13 Guest

xecuter2 pro chip and when i try to flas it with older bios, it says bios update detected and stops the flash process, boot discs are not working for me, i have to put the dipswitches in the certain postion to get to the blue flash cromwell screen
    will slayers disc have a bios flash i can use from that screen, as im not sure it will be bootable

6. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

well?? I the slayers doesn't have a flash bios screen it installs apps to your hdd so i guess it does kinda cause its an auto installer, but as for will it boot i have no idea

7. exit13

exit13 Guest

ya i already have/had those programs installed on the xbox i should have never flashed last night was late and i wasn't thinking. the thing is even with the chip turned off i get the same thing error 05 christmas lights

8. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

do you have the backup thing where you hold the power button and the eject button at the same time??

9. exit13

exit13 Guest

never heard of that to tell you the truth buddy sorry

10. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

i don't know if it is on the xecuter 2 hold the power button and the eject button at the same time

11. exit13

exit13 Guest

Would your personal opinion be that the worst case the chip is screwed and not the entire XBOX?

12. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

yep pretty much, which install did you use wire or pinheader??
    because you can upgrade it to the x3 ce with out doing anything you can just plug it in

13. exit13

exit13 Guest

i soldered the pins in

14. exit13

exit13 Guest

Are you saying the X3 would plug into the X2 ?

15. gunmetald

gunmetald Regular member

yes basically

16. exit13

exit13 Guest

well im on my way home ill try some things and let you know just got a bad feeling, ill let you know thanks

17. exit13

exit13 Guest

ok i must have found the bad bank to be #2 dipswitch 1 3 4 are on and i get the xecuter2 at the bottom of my screen again now im at a slayer evox 2.6 final startup screen what option should i use complete install ?

18. exit13

exit13 Guest

ok looks like it's ok just have to use different dipswitrch settings than before new evox installed working good who knows???
    well thanks

19. J_mR_S

J_mR_S Guest

YEAH....i did the same thing...i have no dash at all...i need help putting a new one on...can someone plz help!!!

20. exit13

exit13 Guest

if your chips is still good, just load slayers evox auto installer version 2.6 and use the upgrade option. very simple