1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help on a premodded xbox???? Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Garret243, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Garret243

Garret243 Guest

This might be a bit off topic but i need A LOT of help, i am thinking of buying a premodded xbox with the xenium ICE mod chip installed... do any of you guys know a quality site to buy this item from.

I was thinking moddedxboxs.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience buying a premodded xbox from any site and what anyone can recommend so I dont get ripped off... i just plug it in and I can play burned games on DVD -r discs, it has all the right bios and dashboards and all that... and i can still use Xbox live

Any info is greatly appreciated

thanks for any help

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The Xenium Ice chip is very easy to install (unless you have a v1.6 then there is some soldering involved). You can buy the Xenium from Divineo. With any other retailer you are taking a chance. If you do buy a pre-mod, you still have to flash the chip and install Evox and your applications because it would be illegal for them to ship you an Xbox that plays burnt games.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea be careful buying premods.
    If you are thinking of adding another hard drive, bear in mind that xbox live now uses a technique where they detect your hdd eeprom, so you need to use that eeperom that u signed for , in most cases means leave the hard drive on, that you signed up for live with. (unless you wanna desolder, resolder the eeperom, or get an xtender or multiple hdd mod)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  4. Abuseyou

Abuseyou Member

This is probably even more off topic, but, I wanted to buy a non-solder modchip for a 1.6 Xbox. The only problem is that I dont have access to a credit card. Is there a store that sells them? If not is there a site that allows you to send in the payment?

5. sniffin

sniffin Member

Abuseyou,

consider as a last resort but...

http://ultimate-anonymity.com sells prepaid visa credit cards to registered users. $20 fee but you get a visa for whatever amount you need(pay for), non refillable, with whatever address you want. They can send you the card or just the card info via email(no wait). They accept money orders and checks.