1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help on burning please

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by nicole910, Dec 30, 2004.

1. nicole910

nicole910 Member

Ok I know this may sound like I'm dumb, but I need to know what kind of discs I should burn pc games onto. If you can help please do.

2. Renas

Renas Member

CD-R and CD-RWs are most recommended, though DVD-R burning of games is possible, it takes specific instructions as to make a successful disk.

3. gamer003

gamer003 Member

i rly need help id understansd this and i rly want these games for dreamcast HOW DO I DO IT!!!!!!!

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

nicole, my suggestion would be to buy(or download) alcohol 120%. With it you can mount the game's ISO to a virtual drive, adn play the game without having to burn it to a disk. You'll save a ton of money in the long run, and its very easy to do. Search around on this site for a guide to tell you how to do it specifically.

5. Renas

Renas Member

That depends on how much space your computer has and ultimately disks will save your computer from crashing with games, unless that is you're only gonna have one or two games, which is unlikely. CD-Rs aren't that expensive. $35 for 100 cds with 700MB each is like having 2 computer hard drives.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ gamer 003

It's rude to hijack threads - start your own if you hav e an unrelated question.

7. Angelhelm

Angelhelm Member

okay a super noob questions i just dl knights of honor cd clone by cxz. and i can't find a .img file or anything like that i used a checker sfv said some of the files were off but still i am unsure of what to do.

cd1 folder looks like cxz-koh.rar then it starts to number after that cxz-koh.rXX when i go into the rar i find in every folder the same files cxz-koh.sub cxz-koh.ccd and cxz-koh.img now i have tried to unzip one or the other i haven't tried to go thru everyone but i can unzip the cxz-koh.ccd and sub but it says that the .img file is corrupt so i try to burn it with alcohol 120% but it needs a img file to work and i have no clue how to make one or anything can someone please help me

Thanks