1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on buying a usb projector

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by AmiNutall, Dec 7, 2014.

1. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Hi . I would just like some advice on buying a usb projector , to be used on a laptop, and maybe ipad.
    It will be used to play some movies, but also to show some Office type documents (power point), this is just for 'play', not office.

What are the key things I should look for ? Is it the 'native resoltion' , and luminens ?

I am looking to not really spend more than £100 - as its just for home, and can see it become a not often used novelty ! But Id like it to be good enough to use.
    I have looked on ebay , but dont know if for example 480 x 380 native resolution is good enough ?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Port...rojectors&hash=item5410acd9c6#ht_14237wt_1178

Also , would we need to buy a screen, or do these work ok on walls / large sheets ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. streetwalkered

streetwalkered Newbie

Pocket projectors are still a relatively new technology. Although most would require a fairly large pocket, they are small enough to hold in your hand, and usually can be mounted on a tabletop tripod as well. Because they use LED lamps, they aren’t very bright: 20 to 1,000 lumens. In comparison, multimedia projectors typically range from 2,500 to 4,500 lumens (higher if we included fixed installation). This makes them useful as an alternative to carrying a monitor or TV around, but they won't really cut it if your intention is to present to a group of more than a few people. Until recently, pocket projectors have been regarded as more of a novelty—a fun consumer item—than a serious display technology. However, as LED lamps improved, the capabilities of pico projectors have increased and they are starting to encroach upon the portable segment of the multimedia projector market

can try something like http://claz.org/classifieds?q=Portable+Pocket+Projector&l=150

If there is someone who could bring from the US for my taste would be a good deal

3. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Thanks. Anybody else offer any tips about resolution etc ?

Thanks