1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on connect the Motorola Modem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by TypeR209, Mar 18, 2005.

1. TypeR209

TypeR209 Member

I install all the MPT1.23 then update to MPT2.21. Win XP detect the modem and say it is working properly. But when i open up MPT2.21 it cannot connect to the phone and the modem is not install. What do i need to do to get MPT2.21 to detect the modem. Please email me if you can help. Send a step by step or something. Thanks

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

check out this link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/170124

----------------------------------------------------
    SECTION 2: MOBILE PHONE TOOLS(MPT)

OVERVIEW

MPT is used for the transfer of wallpaper, screensavers, ringtones, video between phone and pc; backing up and synchronising with a calendar and phonebook, etc.

INSTALLATION

Stage 1:
    1) Unzip all the software. Note: Do not plug your USB cable into your phone until Step 9.

Stage 2:
    2) Look for the setup.exe in the mmpt_1.23c_EN folder - double click on it to execute the install shield.

3) Follow the directions as normal. Don't bother registering it. After you've clicked on the Register later button, the Setup Complete dialogue box will appear.

4) Click off the Automatically run mobile phone tools option and click Finish.

Stage 3:
    5) Double click on mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_US to run it. This will just update MPT without any interaction required from the user.

Stage 4:
    6) To complete the installation, click on the Mobile Phone Tools icon that should have appeared on your desktop.

7) A Welcome to the Phone Setup Wizard dialogue box will appear, with options for:

USB cable
    Bluetooth
    Infrared.

Click USB Cable and press the Next button.

8) A Phone setup dialogue will now appear requesting you to Please turn your phone on and connect it to the cable, then connect your cable to your PC.

Stage 5:
    9) Plug your USB cable into your phone. Just sit back and wait for all the drivers to be installed. If Windows brings up any Found New Hardware dialogue boxes, just ignore it. Windows will automatically install a USB driver.

10) A dialogue 'box' in the shape of your phone should now appear with Initializing on the screen.
    Wait for the Initializing to disappear before you know that you have a 100% successful install!

PRACTICAL ISSUES

E398: You may have to remove your transflash to be able to use MPT.

E398: In your phone's menu, go to Main menu -> Settings -> Connection -> USB Settings. Change Default Connection to Data/Fax Connection.

Later phones(e1000, V635, etc): If, when you run MPT, a picture of a phone that does not match your own is displayed, then you may need to run Live Update. This almost always occurs because your version of MPT is not up-to-date enough to support your phone.

3. saltine

saltine Member

will this work the same with the v600.i have a usb data cable and thats it.i want to transfer phone to pc games,ringtones,ect..

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

saltine

u can do that BUT u need the right flex and dont know where to find it....SORRY!!