1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help On Customizing An MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by TomEads, Jul 17, 2009.

1. TomEads

TomEads Member

Can This Be Done And How?

I have a project to set up some MP3 Players to give out for an audio tour. We want them to look as “Custom” as possible and not just simply list a playlist of “song 1, song 2… etc… Or Title 1, 2, etc”.
    But have the screen look something more like :
    Welcome To Old Town USA

Introduction to walking tour.
    North Slop Church.
    Old Hills Mill.
    South Side Church.
    Rumsfeld Inn.

I think you get the idea from the above. I need suggestions on what MP3 players to go with. We will need about 30 to 50 to use as rental units to the public. We will need to be able to upload new audio as needed as easily as we can. The easer to customize the better. I am open to all suggestions on players and software.

Thank you very much. We would like to keep to under $25.00 per player if we can.

Again thank you.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

First of all, this is not magic. You can't do what ever you want you need to keep it 'do able'.

I would go with a Sansa. They are the creapest good player out there and they will allow a disk copy. This is very important since it will save labor. It will need to play a play list. You can name the play list
    "Welcome To Old Town USA".

You need to really find someone technical to do this for you. It is not very hard if you have a clue but you do not.

You would title the audios
    Introduction to walking tour.
    North Slop Church.
    Old Hills Mill.
    South Side Church.
    Rumsfeld Inn.