1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on The Grudge

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dark20, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Dark20

Dark20 Member

I am just curious on how to make a bakup of the Grudge. I read alot of threads and wondering how can I do it without any mistakes. I have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. I use Nero to burn. I already used the DVD Decrypter on it but when I open up the files using Shrink, I noticed that in the beginning of themovie there is a black screen that goes on for about 5 mins. I read this on the forums already but how do I fix it?

2. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

Your going to have to reauthor it. Where you drag the main movie file, right above that is a little icon that looks like 2 parallel arrows. Put your curser on it and it should say- start/ end editing- something like that. Click on that and you can eliminate the 5 min. of black screen you have.

3. Dark20

Dark20 Member

Adouble11,

Thanks for your response. But if I do that, won't I just get the movie itself. I would like to have of the extras and menus setups if able.

4. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

thats correct, you will only get the movie. I go for quality, i don't care about extras. the bigger the file, the more it is compressed, which ultimatly means worse quality.

I just did the grudge and I didn't have that problem. I backed it up using CloneDVD with ANYDVD active in the background. You may want to download these 2 softwares. They are only 21 day trials but they work.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

AnyDVD should solve the problem. I ripped it to my hdd with AnyDVD and dvd shrink set at no compression then edited out the garbage with DVDRemake leaving a functional menu then encoded and burned with DVDCopy3. Worked great.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005