1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help picking out the right software???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by budfrog, Dec 27, 2003.

1. budfrog

budfrog Guest

ok everyone has a oppion so lets here it i have a mpeg and want to convert it to dvd format and yes i relize that my dvd player will play the file type but i would like to learn how to convert knowledge is power. So which do U think is the best Tmpgenc DVD Author unlead ArcSoft Showbiz Ulead DVD MovieFactory
    so lets here it also thank you for imput.

ps thanks to afterdawn u are the best and the people here r the best. i guess the best attract the best!!!!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Better to burn out than fade away. :{~[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Your Question is a Little Vague..."Tmpgenc DVD author" Doesn"t Convert anything it just authors DVD Compliant Mpeg1/2 files to DVD there isn"t any Real converting or encodeing going on..And ShowBiz Just Plain Sucks and the encodeing Quality of "Ulead DVD Movie Factory" isn"t very good either .....For Converting Files to a DVD Compliant Mpeg2 Format there are only 4 encoders on the Market that are even Worth Useing and they are Tmpgenc, MainConcept Encoder, Canopus Procoder and CinemaCraft Encoder SP ,Most all others Just don"t Cut it when it comes to encodeing Quality..
    As For DVD authoring Programs any one will Work as Long as it does Not re-encode the Mpeg files Like "Nero vision express" Does..The DVD authoring doesn"t affect the Picture Quality so whatever One you use is up to you and would depend on the Complexity of the DVD you want to Create...I Like Useing either "DVD-Lab" because it is easy to use But still has all of the Features you would expect in a High end Authoring Program ,Another Good One is "Sonic DVD Producer" but it is a Little To Advanced for most poeple and too expensive at $4500..A Good DVD authoring Program should support Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 audio because it is the best format for DVD whick also means that you should also have a good AC3 encoder to create dolby digital audio files for DVD.......Cheers

3. budfrog

budfrog Guest

thanks Minion i keep reading about converting and it getting confusing i am sorry about being in vag just wanted to get a wide var of answers and you answer alot i am just starting out and thought maybe someone else had the same question so i made it very vag sorry thank you very very much for answer. afterdawn is the first stop to get the answer.