1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Picture Freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bretmoua, Sep 27, 2004.

1. bretmoua

bretmoua Member

I don't know if it's just my burner or what but I just bought a new Dual DVD/CD RW and every time I back up my DVD, I always get picture freezes for about a second towards the end of the movies. It does it quite often to where I don't even want to watch the ending to the movie. I use DVD shrink to shrink it down before having dvd decrypter write it onto the blank DVD-R media. Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem and please, please, please, please, please, help me with it.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Using low quality media and burning too close to the edge of the disc are the two most common causes of freezing towards the end of the film.

I'd recommend setting the Target file size in Shrink down to 4300MB to avoid burning too close to the edge.

What brand/type media are you using?

What make/model burning do yoy have? Firmware version? Nero Info Tool will give you this information:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

3. bretmoua

bretmoua Member

Thanks, I'll try shrinking it down to 4300 MB. The media types I'm using is Dynex DVD-R. I have a Dynex CD-R/RW DVD+-R/RW Writer. It has 8X DVD write speed and 40X CDR write speed. I'm not too sure about the firmware version.