1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLAYING PAL GAMES ON NTSC TV!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by vgaddict8, Feb 8, 2006.

1. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Hi. How do you play pal games on NTSC tv without the the tv flicking thing. Doesn't having a mod-chip allow you to play pal without not problem? AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

THIS IS SO F***KING RETARDED!!! You can't even play pal games on NTSC tv. They call it a modchip so it should be able to play anything. JESUS CHRIST! THIS VIPER MODCHIP CAN"T EVEN play pal games. Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent $265.00 on this modchip and it can't even play pal!!! I going to shot myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE YOUR BEST BUDDY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  4. evlspcmk

evlspcmk Regular member

well, go to the menu and force the game to run in ntsc mode, that works for my qoob pro but mine is the other way around with the tv, NTSC on PAL not PAL on NTSC

5. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does the only F**king ikaruga game for gamecube I find online is in PAL. So you can't play pal games on ntsc tv without that freeloader crap. I don't have that kind of money.....

6. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Dude, chill out. I could be wrong but I believe the reason it doesn't work is probably because your TV doesn't like the PAL connection. If it could, it would display properly. It IS playing in the gamecube, that's not why the display is messed up.

7. evlspcmk

evlspcmk Regular member

yea get a better tv

8. zombie_x

zombie_x Guest

some cheapies display the image in black and white with no rolling. i have a flat screen cheapie($200) and it displays it in black and white. go to this site, www.gscentral.org. they have some pal2ntsc patches and codes for GC. thats how i got Resident Evil 0 to work fine. www.gscentral.com is a similar site and has much more codes, they are down for now but keep looking.

9. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I spent $500 on this phillips flat screen tv. So it's not a cheapie.. Is there a option on the tv to turn to pal or what? How does that work? Do you buy a pal tv?

10. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Hey zombie X, I went to the website and didn't find any patch? Where is it?

11. zombie_x

zombie_x Guest

not all the games have patches couse aome have not been developed yet, your best bet is to find the AR y-fix cheats they have for games.

12. silver95

silver95 Regular member

Alright, dude, all I have to say is learn to read the bloody features list, before you go flipping out. Otherwise, please, do go and shoot yourself. The other option is to, you know... buy the legit games! What a concept!

13. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

It's so hopeless.....

14. silver95

silver95 Regular member

Weren't you just a newbie when this thread started?

15. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

move to europe

16. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

silver95, "vgaddict8" is my old account. I was using "vgaddict9" the other day, because I thought I lost my "vgaddict8" account. But I got my "vgaddict8" account back. So I am happy. I just think it's really stupid how you can't pal gamecube games on ntsc tv even with a viper modchip. How do you know if a tv supports pal? How are you suppose to tell when you go to the store?

17. silver95

silver95 Regular member

Simple: Assume it doesn't. TV sets sold in North America, as well as Japan, have absolutely no reason to support PAL. The power systems aren't even compatible without some external converters, which just makes it a hassle to drag a TV set from one region to another.

As it is, PAL is a higher resolution standard, which would cause an overscan in an NTSC TV set, because it's designed to process a signal to handle a pre-determined number of scan lines, which PAL has a greater number of. So, because of the increased number of scan lines, part of the frame overlaps into the next refresh, generally causing a scrolling image.

Basically, it's easier to stretch an image to fit the screen, than it is to downsample it to fit a smaller display. Some electronics support PAL on NTSC, but those are generally built-in post-processors, which require a fair bit more power than a tiny little mod chip can afford.

Overall, your best bet would be to keep searching for an NTSC version of the game. Most scene releases will say if they're NTSC or PAL(possibly including which languages they are, if they're PAL standard). That, or find an external PAL>NTSC converter box, but that might result in a bit of lag, and would just add clutter.

18. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

There is an NTSC version scene release.

19. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

WHOA!!!!!!! silver95, that's some scary stuff. So that freeloader thing doesn't work then? Or is it not recommanded? ozzyzak, where can i find the ntsc release of Ikarauga?

20. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

vgaddict, if you have AIM, shoot me a msg at SN pxzh.