1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLAYING PAL GAMES ON NTSC TV!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by vgaddict8, Feb 8, 2006.

1. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Brewgod23, what do you mean by GSOC? What is this?

2. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

My bad. I mean GCOS 1.5.

3. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

GCOS 1.5? what is this? Bios? I have never heard of it.

4. PDAisAok

PDAisAok Member

I've also adjusted my POT to 180 and I burn DVDs at 1x. I've tried Sony DVD-R and Memorex and I still get a lot of DRE problems. I'm burning on a Sony writer as well. Has anyone had better luck with other DVD-R brands. I've read that Ritek is the most reliable. Anyone have luck with anything else?

5. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

I haven't but apparently others have. Personally the Ritek minis dont set me back much. I can get 20 of em for about 20 bucks. Sure they're expensive compared to the regular discs but if you have enough money to have more than 20 gamecube games, I would think you could shell out an extra 20 to back them all up.

6. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

7. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Wow!!! OK.... So they are just operating systems? This stuff is so Scary!!!!!! I am not going to try to program my gamecube again. The first time I did it, this little blue strip at the back of the programmer fell off, and I thought I was screwed for life. Turns out I put that blue strip back and it still works. Programming it again, is just to risky for me.

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Memorex recordable media is more often not, bad media to use for game back-ups. Works fine for movies (so far), but hasn't worked for me with both Xbox and GameCube back-ups.

Can't say much about Sony DVD media, but the writers aren't that great from what I've seen others post. Get a $40 NEC multiformat DVD burner off Newegg and you'll be set.

9. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I just got cobra bios 1.6 flashed and I change vidoe mode to NSTC, loaded a pal game and the screen still flickers. It doesn't work.

10. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Don't feel too bad, I've never got it to work either...

11. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

lol region forcing on Cobra bios is flawed, this is known. It works 100% on GcoS1.5 though. GcoS1.5 is by far the best in my opinion. Screw USB port I say, I don't know why people have the need to back up games themselves, when dedicated groups are doing it all the time!

12. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

How does GcoS1.5 work? Can i just flash it like the way I did the cobra 1.6 bios?

13. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I believe you can.

14. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Are you guys sure about this?, because I just don't understand the need for GcoS1.5? Don't I already got my own viper 1.6 bios that goes along with my viper modchip. It's it odd to not have viper bios on you viper modchip. GCOS1.5 on a viper modchip? Isn't that wierd?

15. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

No? There is no GCOS chip so why not? You gotta put it on something.