1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please any one

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by labajue, May 9, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ide cable wrong way round/jumpers set wrong by the sound of it.
    Do you have the hd jumper set to slave?

and how did you get on with the graphics card? everything good?

2. labajue

labajue Member

when i put in graphixs card it automaticaly disabled on board graphics com seems a bit faster now gonna try setting it do anoth cabble as it is set to slave chhers for help

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. labajue

labajue Member

dam i think im in big trouble i just deketed my recory cds in my hiddeen files on xp i was told i had to make a copy of them therre called master cd i think but never had cdr only cd rw and dvd rw i thought i was reformattting my second hd but i dosent reconise any hd in my com in managment is there any way of me recoring that info i lost or making a recovery cd i think i buggered dam o dam

5. labajue

labajue Member

i done what it said in your link ddp but to wrong hdd dam im thick really thick i feel like crying only had com a week

6. labajue

labajue Member

hust read somthing in user manual it says i can go back to a prvious days setting would that work or is it only for drivers on the com i can go back with my os is xp

7. ddp

try it to see what happens as you might not really have a choice & mistakes happens to everybody, even me!!

8. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

yea dont worry its not the end of the world. ive lost count of the number of times ive completely screwed up my pc and i consider myself to be a pretty advanced pc user.

i havent used one of those restore cd things before but if you have a product key then prehaps you could just download a copy of xp from somewhere and use that if you need to reinstall.

i presume you have a genuine copy of windows xp so you should have a cd key somewhere too. sometimes its on a sticker on the actual case of the pc.

9. labajue

labajue Member

it mucked my com up big time i restarted it yesterday but now wont load up tells me i need the recovery cd man the coms mucked where can i download xp from as i have my serial key on back of com or cant i i using another com at moment

10. ddp

is that your computer too & does it use xp??

11. labajue

labajue Member

its my com and it uses win 98 se why

12. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

your serial will be for win 98 then and wont work with xp unless u use an illegal version - which i am not in a position to reccomend you do :)

i will look later on if i can find a general win98 recovery cd.

does it mention any files missing or anything? and what exactly did you do to the hard drive? you deleted everything?

13. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

just read that link by ddp if you did reformat the main drive then you will need more than a recovery cd you will need a win98 or xp cd.

14. labajue

labajue Member

what i did wrong was i put a new hd into my other com so i was using two but in my com it wasnt reconising it i followed ddp link but i deleted the xp hd there was hidden files in a partiotioned hd so i could create a master cd but i reformatted that part of the hd so i went back to system restore restored to an earlier point now com wont load it say put in recovet cd or master cd but i dont have them as i delted the files before i created them and i have the serial key for my xp os as its on back of com

15. ddp

do you know anybody who has same version of xp as you as can't use key # on xp pro if intended for xp home & vice versa

16. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

can you not get the files you need from the pc you are on now and copy them over?

if not then your just going to have to reinstall windows i think. (install to the new hard drive you got just incase you can restore your old one still)

17. labajue

labajue Member

ok bare with me on this hope this makes sensce my bro has exact same com as me both xp home we both have the abilty to maker a master cd well i had not no more his com is still intact as he didnt deltete his hidden files the prob is if i create the master cds it will wipe it off his com and he wants it on his com cas if he wipes it off his com cant do system resore point so weve heard at the moment we both dont have a recory cd or a win xp cd of any kind all i have is a windows 98se install cd so i put that on my hd i was trying to format when prob started and now it dosent reconise on board graphics or my sound card so i put in my graphics card and installed driver thats works ok but still no sound so i dont know what to do should i knot use the hd with xp os as it wont boot up keeps saying enter rovery cd or just keep using the hd i using at moment with win 98 se but cant get any sound at all and i cant find any drivers for the card all ones i found was for xp but big querey is if i make a master cd from my bros com can he still use restore point and other programs that use the hidden files on hd hope this makes sencei im sure if i make master cd it will make my com works as its exact same com same os but will it do harm to him or can i download a xp recory cd or xp install cd dont mind if i lose some programes just basic os would be good

18. ddp

when you make the master cds, why will it delete off his hd as i think it will stay there. also can duplicate the master cds so both will have it if either 1 has a burner

19. labajue

labajue Member

it says in user manual after copying mdter cd i will delete it i not worried about how many copies thatds not the big prob as ime sure ude be able to copy them does any one know where i can download the audio driver for this soubd card ive had no joy i need it to be win 98se all ones i found are for xp SigmaTel STAC9750T

20. ddp