1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please at a loss

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by troy294, Sep 24, 2007.

1. troy294

troy294 Member

Hello im new to this so i may be posting at wrong place.
    The run down, I have quick time, Div x, x vid, nero , and nero recode 2 ce, and i use U torent.
    I am wonderign how i go about fitting big files on to a dvd-r.
    I normally use nero to burn vcd to watch small fileson dvd player, But i am still unsure as to how i burtn large files on to a dvd-r, do i need to compress it or and if so how do i go about doing it and can i do that on NERO RECODE 2 CE?????? would be a great help if someone could help me im sure i have enough programs, I have dvd shrink, clone dvd, avi dvd burner,div x, x vid, quick time, media player,nero start smart, , so yeah just need some help thanks , hope all that made sence

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

How big of a file are we talking? A blank DVD will hold over 4 gigs of video.

3. troy294

troy294 Member

some 300 400 etc mg avi files burn fine and play on dvd player, but for eg the other day i downloaded transformers and i could not burn it, i use nero express and for avi small files i make a vcd and that plays in dvd player and i went make data dvd and yeah i found out that didnt work to play in dvd player, i am just unsure on how to burn large files eg transformers on tp a dvd-r to play in dvd polayer

4. LOCOENG

5. troy294

troy294 Member

thanks very much im gonna download dvd flick and give it ago i have to mayn programs haha i have convert x to dvd now as well so i mgiht delete some i dont need, but thanks ill try dvd flick

6. LOCOENG

Good luck and let us know how it goes.