1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE! BEEN WAITIN FOREVER TO FIX!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by WhitePryd, May 8, 2005.

1. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

2. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

3. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

also, my xbox version is v1.0, not v1.2 >.< sorry been a while since i made sure... yeh, i found out something wierd just 5 minutes ago and it's that whenever i put the D0 wire into the hole thing, i get the boot three times (now audio or sound), then FRAG. But, when i dont have the D0 wire in, i get the normal start up (flubber animation) then it stops at the screen that shows the big X and says Xbox (the letters "Micro$oft" don't show up because it automatically directs me to the 06 code error screen... yeh..

4. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

5. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

anymore help would be extremely useful... i got a 40 gig western digital lying around, would that make a difference if i plugged it into my xbox instead of the stock one..

6. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

It doesn't sound good.Your drive is locked right now because u switched motherboard.You can install that 40 gig WD but u will have to format it because if you install it without formatting,your original MSdash will just hang because there r no programs on the drive to boot on.Your pictures r blurry and i can't see the wire real good.The wire is not making good contact that's why u can not boot to Xenium OS.If u know somebody who has a modded XB, maybe they will let u copy the files from their drive to yours,even the original MS files so you can boot u're XB.

[image]http://img149.echo.cx/img149/791/felixanm7od.gif[/image]

7. BeaM3

BeaM3 Member

I'm having the exact same issue. My HD is out of another box. My Xenium ICE chip is illuminated red, is this correct or should it be whitish. My connections seem fine, but it boots to the 06 service code instead of Xenium OS

8. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

hmm... i have SlaYerS v2.6 on three different medias (just in case my xbox couldnt read one or two of them) that i made right after my mod chip came and i still have the disks... so, could i format the WD with SlaYerS? if so, how? through my computer?... thanks for the post man, barely get em nowadays...

oh, and could i get a link or detailed explanation of where the D0 wire goes? i just found my 30AWG wire and i just bought a new, nice pointed, solder tip..

amd for BeaM3; yes, it should be whitish lol and i guess we are both tryin to fix the 06 error

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  9. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

There are two ways to place the adapter. Before you put the adapter in place put the smaller, thick washer into the slot on the screw end of the adapter. The first way to set the adapter is to place the d0 in the via and then carefully pull the adapter to the LPC, and with one finger press the adapter into place and screw down the adapter using the black screw with the other hand. The second is to place the adapter on the LPC, screw it down and gently pull the wire hook to the d0 via. Once it is in place it will look like this.
    [image]http://img258.echo.cx/img258/5484/xenium12142qj.jpg[/image]

Once you have placed the chip on the pins with the X of Xenium facing the back of the case, reconnect the HD, DVD, video, controller, and power cord.
    Here are some troubleshooting basics:

Red Xenium LED and boot the MSdash – bad connection on the d0, check the tension and contact with the d0 via on the d0 hook, test the continuity of the d0 hook to pin 4.

Red Xenium LED and FRAG(flashing red and green) – bad contact on the LPC, make sure the adapter is aligned well on the LPC, check to make sure none of the pogo pins are stuck in the compressed position. Use the optional rivets if necessary; make sure to lay them out exactly the way the pins layout on the adapter.

[image]http://img149.echo.cx/img149/791/felixanm7od.gif[/image]

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  10. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

nonono lol i did the 'quicksolder' method and just soldered the chip to the board cuz the solderless adapter kept givin me problems

11. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to get your chip installed correctly...when it is installed correctly it will boot the xenium os...there is nothing you can do until you get your chip installed correctly and the xenium os boots.

12. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

how do i "get my chip installed correctly"? should i resolder it in?

13. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

14. BeaM3

BeaM3 Member

forgive me for asking the obvious but I gotta rule this out. The solderless adapter's D0 is internally connected to pin 4 right? Every symptom oints to bad D0 yet its stuck in the correct hole pretty solid.