1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP Please Doom 3 Install problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mikepalm, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mikepalm

mikepalm Guest

Hello people (Firstly I hope im posting in the right section)

I have a problem installing original doom 3 game. I originally tried to install a downloaded copy but could not get it to run. I recieved doom 3 for christmas and have not been able to install after removing the other program files. I get error message program already installed.

I can see no mention of doom 3 any where
    I cleaned my registry of all doom 3 entries. deleted ID and activision registry entries as well.

I assume this may have somthing to do with protection on the original CD or a some registry entry im not aware of. Im running win xp home.

Please please help am desperate to play this game.

2. mikepalm

mikepalm Guest

please help if posted in wrong forum please advise

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've never seen that problem before so I really don't know what to say. So the only error you're getting the "program already installed" one? That error doesn't imply anything to do with the copy protection

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com to see if that helps to resolve the problem

5. mikepalm

mikepalm Guest

that is the only error message. When I get home I will try CC Cleaner. Just to let u know I have run registry mechanic and also searched the registry for doom 3 entries. This is driving me mad considering wiping hard drive but seems extreme when only to play a game. Ill let u know regarding CCleaner

6. mikepalm

mikepalm Guest

I tried CC Cleaner it still wont load. AS soon as I put the original CD in it says this program is already installed and wont let me go any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am desperate to play this game and think formatting the harddrive may be excessive for a small problem.

Im sure it must be somthing to do with the previuos patched version that I couldnt get to work

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do you know how to use regedit???

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

This is probably a dumb question but did you delete the entries before trying to uninstall the game first?

9. mikepalm

mikepalm Guest

I know how to use reg edit and search within the registry. I searched for all doom ID activision entries and deleted them. I only cleared the registry after uninstalling the patched version and trying to install the original.

Im quite stuck here guys and have completely run out of ideas. Getting close to format C but any ideas how to avoid this drastic action would be appreciated.

I can install all my other original games without getting any error messages

10. flamin3

flamin3 Guest

can i suggest that you reload the downloaded version then delete it with its own uninstaller. ive had similar probs to this before soknow how youre feeling.