1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please i have a problem with dvd labels?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alsnd, Mar 28, 2005.

1. alsnd

alsnd Guest

im new to burning dvd's but so far so good until i started using labels on my dvds for some reason the disk will play find until i put the label on the dvd and then my player wont read the disk anybody know why this is and what i can do to fix this problem?

2. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

Easy.. dont put label on the disk,use a soft tip pen, It can make your disk off balance,, Search in this forum and you will find some solution

3. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

thebigbos is 100% correct, stick on lables can do horrible things to your player, like coming off and staying inside, and just making your dvd skip. If you want to get professional, you can get a Epson R200 or R300 printer and printable discs that would make great labels WITHOUT the harm - BUT they do use alot of ink. But I am the cheapy girl, I love my Sharpie! and yes they do come in colors

4. vike

vike Member

Never, ever, ever use labels. If you read the posts on labels you will find nightmare stories about former label users. Labels will come off, fray, jam or otherwise FUBAR any disc or player they interact with, if not right now, then eventually. Use a Sharpie, or bite the bullet and buy a printer and printable discs if you want to have a nice pretty picture on the DVD.

5. ariesals

ariesals Guest

Hi, I've had problems with labels too and what I decided to do was just to make labels for the jewel cases instead. I don't write or place labels on cds or dvds anymore and haven't had any more problems Good luck.

6. rasp50

rasp50 Member

get a Epson r300 and printable dvds.

rasp50

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

@ariesals,

That's the best use of labels I've seen!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  8. Wonga

Wonga Member

I've not had a problem with them in DVD players or CD players with trays personally. But do not use them for CD's in your car! They skip and do all sorts of strange things especially when they get hot, I actually had one come off which was a horrible experience inside my nice new Pioneer Headset. Luckily I managed to get the blighter out eventually.

I've got an R200 now which is quality but am still trying to use the labels and old blank DVD's up before I get printables (except in the car!!)