1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Please so i can play my game.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Tuddles2, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Tuddles2

Tuddles2 Member

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, since one I'm new here and two I really don't know much of anything about computers. If it's not, I'm really sorry.

For starters, I have a Compaq Presario SR1230NX. It's a few years old. Anyways, I recently got the Sims2 Pets and when I installed it and started to play the walls were flashing red and black. I looked up what was wrong, and it said something about needing a new or updated Video Card or whatever.
    Well, I don't know what that is. Or anything about it. It says I have a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP.
    I searched and found sites and stuff, but nothing that helped me out or that I understood.
    I am really confused on what to do. I guess I need to buy a Video Card, but I have NO IDEA what will work with my computer, if you need a certain kind or something? I don't want to buy something that I'm not 100% will work or anything. I don't even know where to purchase a video card and how much they are. Haha.

So I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help me out. All I want to do is play my game! Lol!
    Thanks!

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. UrDady

UrDady Guest

hi
    if you want to play only the sims get 9600xt or fx 5500 if you want to play other games and more grafic needy tell me ur price rang and i will see if i can help
    peace