1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please... sound inverter

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Shadow_D, May 11, 2007.

1. Shadow_D

Shadow_D Member

I've seen on youtube one guy doing some mix on Virtual Dj and I saw he used sound inverter. I think it's called TexZK's Inverter, but I'm not sure. So, what he did, is that he took mp3 file and placed in track 1 and took same music file but in instrumental. Then he syncronized them and used inverter, which nullify beats which were same on track 1 and 2 (suppose nullified same frequencies). Result was just voice whit some little negligible background noise.

My q:
    Is there any other program/effect which can do that except VDj?
    I don't wanna buy VDj, but I like the effect. plz help

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

Don't clearly understand what your after, if you post a link to the youtube Vid, I might be able to help

3. Shadow_D

Shadow_D Member

4. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

ok i see what u mean, if u play 2 of the same tracks in perfect sync with each other, this will phase out frequencies. I have done this with ableton live software.

If your source track is recorded from vinyl u can isolate parts of the track i.e drums, bass , and vocal. u should download a demo of ableton

www.ableton.com

check out the forums , tips & tricks section, should be a sticky of a list of most popular tricks.

hope this helps

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

In Audacity you can split a file into separate left and right stereo channels and invert one to cancel out the center of the sound spectrum. This is commonly used to remove vocals which are mixed towards the center. If I am off base and this is not what you are interested in please let me know.