1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please with Mad Dog!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by donpri, Apr 14, 2007.

1. donpri

donpri Member

I'm new to this DVD backup business, but I have always burn cd's. Well I recently bought a **Mad Dog Multimedia LightScribe 18x Triple Format DVD-RW Drive, External, USB 2.0 / FireWire** I have updated the firmware from mad dog site for this drive after I called them. The problem is I cannot successfully burn a DVD. I use the external as the reader and writer and even tryed my notebook as the internal reader of a DVD but still doesn't work. I started using anydvd which works fine, and clonedvd2 which reads the dvd fine but when it writes and usually burns and then stops around 61% and says failed with error-WriteDVD 10 11 W2. I only tryed one type of blank DVD's and they are (Maxell DVD+R/ 4.7GB- up to 16x). I also tried to use DVD Shrink with Nero and still not getting results. I'm not even sure if i'm doing anythign right or this drive is bad. Well if someone have any suggestions please tell and let me know what type of other DVDs should I go buy and try thanks.

2. donpri

donpri Member

So is anyone awake out there, still looking for help- Should I just send this Mad Dog drive back? Someone reply or Im me on Aim at id0notkn0w

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

As far as DVD's go, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are found to be the best and any Made in Japan are also good. Keep your burn speeds to 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media and here is a media guide you can look over: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

4. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

In addition to what misty suggested about good media, also make sure your machine is clean. Defrag your HDD often and keep an eye on your memory while writing. Limit multi-tasking during the operation to help reduce errors also.
    Also, if you are still unable to successfully burn, post a copy of your Nero log. You should find this in your Nero folder under history. Make sure to edit out your S/N before posting!!!

5. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

6. donpri

donpri Member

Thanks for the help, I'm currently trying new dvd's I just bought Verbatim DVD+R 4.7GB up to 8X speed, ALso this is an External Drive which is new. And that error I hear comes up for many other problems and not just mine.

7. violator1

violator1 Guest

i had the same problem when i got my mad dog. took it back adn got a new one. works fine now, well more or less. just gotta blow it out every time before i start a label.