1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please with Pinnacle studio version 8 and some other quest

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by phil788, Sep 27, 2004.

1. phil788

phil788 Member

Hi,

Im trying to convert my VHS tapes to DVD. Im using Pinnacle studio version 8. However, this only allows me to capture the video in MPEG2. Can I change this so I can capture in AVI???

Also is after reading this forum I decided to d/l the HuffyUV codec 2.2, however it doesnt seem to work with windows media player or the others. All I get is a screen that plays for about 5 seconds and some strippy colured lines at the top????

When I come to compress I am given the chance to use DV video encoder. Is this a good idea?? or should I try one of the other codecs???

Please help me, Im clueless about this. I have a P4, loads of space on my hard disk. Im looking for the best quality!!

Many thanks!!

2. Treker

Treker Guest

I am confused with your letter.You say your video is captured in mpeg; I use studio 8.12 at this moment and capture at dv setting and 720x 576, and end up with a AVI file.¿ Are we using a different studio 8?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]P4 HT 3Ghz 1Gb ddr 160GB hd Geforce Fx5200 128mb
    Hp dvd writer 400 Dvd-rom ¿?
    To boldly learn what no man has learned before...[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2004