1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ghettofab, May 24, 2003.

1. Ghettofab

Ghettofab Member

Ok ive had kazaa for about a month and i decided to upgrgade to 8.0, when i did i got an error message that reads "You have uninstalled a part of kazaa media desktop that is needed to run.Kazaa will now quit so you can re-install it. Eroor 1013.. if i delete it all together and reinstall it will i lsoe all my music.. or can i jsut reinstall the one part to make it run again??

2. bwhitk

bwhitk Member

Well, there is a very easy way to go about solving this problem. You need to remove your songs from the "kazaa" directory. To do this you need to get them in another folder. First of all if you want to save your music than, move them from "My shared folder" in the kazaa directory. Make a new folder, possibly on your desktop for the necessary time. Name it something easy, something you will remember, and something related to kazaa or your songs.

There are a few ways of getting your songs in this folder. You could copy and paste all of them in to the new folder. This may take a long time, depending on how many songs you have and how fast your PC is.

Another way to go about doing this is, to just drag "My shared Folder" from the kazaa directory, into the new folder. Then when you open the new folder, you will have to open "My shared Folder" within the new folder.

To get you songs back on kazaa once you re-install it, just copy and paste all of you songs from "My shared Folder" within the new folder you created....to the new "My shared folder" that kazaa created when you re-installed it. Then delete the new folder you created in the first place.

Both of these ways are just getting your songs out of kazaa's way when you totally re-install kazaa. I promise 100% that this is safe. I don't know what is wrong with you kazaa but if you re-install it, it should be ok. All my instructions are doing for you is, saving you music so you can re-install kazaa. Good luck, and please post on here whether it helped or not. Good Luck!

3. Ghettofab

Ghettofab Member

Hey thank you sooo much.. i moved all my 376 songs to a folder and im now re installing kazaa... i get totally lost when it comes to stuff like this.. lol.. I appreciate your help..

Thanks bunches
    Oh btw whats your a/s/l?? =D

4. bwhitk

bwhitk Member

Um...I'm sure its not legal to say this but, I'm 14, and a male, and I live in Illinois. What is your a s l?

5. Ghettofab

Ghettofab Member

Hey babe, im a 16 yr old female, and i live in southern indiana.. my screen name on aol is veryfine2004, and aim is Im2Phreakie4you, hope to talk to you soon!!! =D

~*~Kayla~*~