1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP please..!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gorane, Jan 18, 2005.

1. gorane

gorane Member

I am a TOTAL newbie at all this, and I ran into some trouble while trying to rip a DVD onto my computer. I did as told on this page: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm ... Downloaded every program and software I was supposed to, and did as told all the way. And everything went as plan, only there were no audio. When i came to the part where i was supposed to first select the DV2 file i had made and then select the WAV file i had made, i didnt find any WAV file at all.. The DV2file was there, but when i tried with the audio box to find the WAV file, there was only blank, and no audio or wav file whatsoever.. I started from scratch again, did the same things again, this time with a different DVD, but same result.. I was wondering if somebody out there could help me with this.. And, if you are a kind soul, and wanna help me, please keep in mind that i am VERY much a newbie who don't know too much about this.

Would be very thankful for any help! :)

2. RussReef

RussReef Guest

It's unclear what you are trying to achieve. If you just want to rip a DVD down to your computer and then burn off a copy onto a DVD-R or DVD+R (the media is so cheap now, why wouldn't you), why not just use DVDshrink and Nero and follow this guide:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

The guide you mentioned is to convert a DVD to SVCD... one crappy format to another... you're going to lose a lot of quality in the process of the conversion.

3. gorane

gorane Member

Yes, what I'm trying to do is basically get a copy of a DVD for myself, by ripping it down to my computer, then burn it out on a DVD. I had no clue how to do this, and my so-called expert friends told me to just try what i mentioned. I'll try what you suggested, hope I have better luck there! thanks for the answer! :)

4. gorane

gorane Member

Worked PERFECTLY!! thanks a bunch, RussReef! :)

5. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

gorane, you should also be aware that occasionaly Shrink has problems ripping DVD's in which case it is useful to have DVD Decrypter as well. Having ripped the DVD with Decrypter you can then compress the files from the HDD using Shrink.

Also having AnyDVD running in the background unencrypts the DVD and stops you needing to change the region setting on the DVD-Rom.