1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alfie27, Mar 16, 2005.

1. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

i have just downloaded max and paddy series one,it is about 4 hours long, but after i have run it through shrink it fits on a dvd, when i come to burn it using decryptor, it gets about a quarter of the way through and says error, any body any ideas? any help will be appreciated

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What exactly is the error? Has it done this several times or just once?

3. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

its done it twice im just trying it a third time, if it happens again i will post the error message, its converted fine and it shrunk to 4.6gb ok, then when ive burned it with decryptor it stops after about 25%

4. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

Scsistatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 2A 00 00 22 68 20 00 20
    Interpretation Write(10)- Sectors 2254880 - 2254911
    Sense Area : 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Cannot Write Medium -Incompatable Format

It got to 98% then this message came up, any ideas?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Here are some possible fixes
    1. Running Programs
    Make sure you quit all running background programs, such as anti-virus software.

2. Try running the movie threw Shrink again but this time change the target size in Shrink
    [​IMG]

3. You could try a different media brand. What brand are you using now?

4. A firmware upgrade for your Writer..

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  6. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

there si no background programs running the disc is ok, i will have a look for a firmware upgrade, i will have a play around with it, is there anyway i can convert it into avi format from dvd?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If it's quiting at the 98% mark it could be your media is bad towards the end of the disk. This is common with the cheaper media brands. Again what brand of media are you attempting to write to. Also if you adjust the target size in Shrink this could eliminate writing at the end of the disk where you are running into problems.. :)

8. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

im using packard bell discs dvd - rw, it looks like it has doubled the amount of episodes somehow i started from scratch and removed the duplicate copies and it seems to be burning fine, fingers crossed i will let you know, thanks bbmayo for your help

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK let me know how it turns out and good luck ;-)

10. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

it burned ok, for some reason the file was tripled so it ended up being 6.8gb but there was only 6 episodes at 30 mins each it should only have been about 2gb, so i deleted everything except the original file and tried again and it was ok, i must have made a mistake with the first few burns, not sure what though, thanks bbmayo your help is much appreciated cheers

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem gald to see everything is good.

6 Episodes @ 6.8GB is about right not sure how you figure it would be 2GB. That is assuming each episode is around 45min to 1hour. I usually stick to only putting 2 to 3 episodes on one disk to limit the compression. :)

12. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

they are only 30 mins long, it has burned at 2.1gbs

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

30 min long times 6 = 3 hours there has to be a lot of compression on those episodes to fit into 2gb

14. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

the picture isnt as clear as i thought it would be, have i used to much compression? would that affect the quality? what compression rate should it be at?

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats what I was trying to point out. Your compression has to be pretty high to shrink 3 hours worth of episodes down to 2gb. Thats why I only put 2 to 3 episodes on one DVD less compression will always equal better quality picture no matter what..

16. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

i will try it again with less compression, i will let you know how it turns out, cheers again bbmayo