1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by milly8, Mar 23, 2005.

1. milly8

milly8 Member

I need Help re new install of Platinum from abroad. I have a registr # & it worked last year. Now I had to get a new hard drive. Where do I go & what do I do to get a re-install?
    Thanks, M8

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey milly8,

I would suggest if you still have the original install disk, you install that, if you can.

Getting a new HD won't stop you from installing the disk, and if you still have all the original documentation, such as the cd/serial key, you should have no problem.

Is there any more info you can provide?

3. milly8

milly8 Member

Ven, Thanks!

My Platinum was an online purchase, so I have no disc.

All I have is the old HD 321 stuff in my program files.

I got these downloaded from a UK site after 321 was blocked here in USA.

4. PROPHECYx

PROPHECYx Member

milly8,

I'm assuming that because this was an online purchase you must have created an account with the company and that these details were at one point e-mailed to you.

If this is the case don't panic!
    Try gaining access to your account and then contact the company with your query via the contact methods provided on their site.
    Give them a sit-rep (explain situation) and I'm sure they will help you.
    You'll be fine!!! ;)

(There is a lesson to be learnt here people)

When downloading anything from the Internet, try clicking the *SAVE AS* button instead of the "OPEN". When the download box pops up, browse for a download directory of your choice and and click *SAVE*.
    This way you ensure that what you download the *setup.exe* folders on to your harddisk, having the choice to delete them as you see fit later!

Hope this helps! ;p

5. PROPHECYx

PROPHECYx Member

Quote: "(There is a lesson to be learnt here people)

When downloading anything from the Internet, try clicking the *SAVE AS* button instead of the "OPEN". When the download box pops up, browse for a download directory of your choice and and click *SAVE*.
    This way you ensure that **** you download the *setup.exe* folders on to your harddisk, having the choice to delete them as you see fit later!"

The "What" has been removed...Mistake rectified! ;P