1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by WHlTEH4WK, Apr 15, 2006.

1. WHlTEH4WK

WHlTEH4WK Member

I'm sorry but I'm new at this site and i'm having a problem.
    I'm trying to mod halo 2. I cannot get a FTP connection, at my friends house all i did was softmod it with unleashedX and set the internet type or whatever from static to DHCP and it gave me the ip address i entered in FlashFXP. EAsy as 1,2,3. I got home and tried the EXACT SAME THING and the ip adress its giving me is 0.0.0.0 well yeah its not giving me one. I tried those nice tutorials that didnt work. So can anyone help me with my problem plz and thx!

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

DHCP depends a lot on the network capabilities of your pc, Check that setup network if no link in xbox system settings is enabled..or try setting it up static...try this..

XBOX NETWORK SETUP GUIDE

1. disable any firewalls (or set them to ALLOW when trying to connect to your xbox).

2. Disable the LAN connection and connect the crossover cable to pc and xbox.

3. Right click the LAN connection (under START/CONTROL PANEL/NETWORK CONNECTIONS), click "properties", under the "general" tab, go down the list, click on "Internet protocol (TCP/IP)" then click properties again. Use the following settings;-
    IP Address: 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0 or leave blank

Click OK.

4. On your desktop, you need to see an icon labelled "My Network Places" (If its not there, right click on your desktop, click "properties", click "desktop" tab, then click "customize Desktop...", tick the box at the top for "My network places" and click OK, and again OK to exit display properties).
    Right click on "My Network Places" and select "add new network place", then click the writing which says "sign up for online storage or connect to a network server", a wizard thing pops up, click NEXT, the next screen brings up a list of service providers, highlight the 1 which says "Choose another network location........." then click NEXT, in the space type this
    ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.100
    click NEXT, the next page is the name, your choice, I just put XBOX on mine, click NEXT, then untick the box (open this..... when finished", click FINISH

NOTE: ALL THE SETTINGS ABOVE ARE ASSUMING THEY ARE LEFT AS DEFAULT ON EVOX, IF YOU CHANGED THEM PUT THE PASSWORD BACK TO "XBOX" AND THE IP BACK TO 192.168.1.100 OR THESE SETTINGS WONT WORK!!!

5. On xbox, goto settings and make sure it says "use static IP" YES.

6. Reboot your xbox, on evox dash it should display the IP as 192.168.1.100 (if it does not take note of step 5. and make sure the IP is set to this, and that default gateway is your pc's IP).

7. Re-Enable the LAN on your pc, a bubble pops up "LAN Connection 100.0 Mbps ..."

8. Finally, double click the "My Network Places" icon on your desktop and open the folder named XBOX (or whatever you specified in step 4.) and it should show you your xbox hard drive (C,E,F,X,Y,Z and D is the DVD-Rom).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  3. WHlTEH4WK

WHlTEH4WK Member

OK!!! Thank you alot.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006