1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by noobz, Aug 9, 2006.

1. noobz

noobz Guest

i dunno know if i should just stick to windows XP or i should get windows vista. I have a desktop that runns slow because of spyware and viruses and thinking of fastening it. somebody told me just try vista. my desktop= 1.7ghz, 512mb ram, 160 gb harddrive, SIS videocard and it is a hp pavilion a810n. and a really nice laptop that has 1.7ghz, 512mb ram, 80 gb harddrive, a ATI raedeoon X200M videocard a toshiba laptop. in which one i should get vista( Both,one of them, or none of them) please can u explain to me why i should or why i should not. I f i should where i should get it please help me out. pppppplllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeee!!!!

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

noobz welcome to Ad!)

Weather or not you want to try a new O/S is your own decision to make. Windows Vista is more of a user friendly and oriented O/S. I would not say that it is any better that Windows XP Pro.

Now as far as getting rid of maleware/spyware, and making your machine run at optimal performance, I can help with that. Let me know what you decide to do. I'm here to help if you want to get your machine clean.

3. noobz

noobz Guest

i dunno know how to get vista so i would just stick to XP. now how should i get optimal speed out of my computers? please help. one more question, im i still able to get vista on my computer?

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

You can get vista on your computer, but it is a different O/S. Here is a link to see what it is all about. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

I don't think that it is going to be ready until 2007. If they offer a beta version don't take it. Beta is like, the product that they are testing before the final version is released. You will have the option to install it over XP without loosing any information. That is a pluss!

Now as far as you O/S and getting it clean. Go to http://download.com and download the following programs. If you already have them then just make sure they are up to date!

Ad-Aware (Lavasoft- Make sure it is this one)
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    CCleaner
    Prevx personal firewall. Good firewall to have to run with XP firewall.

These programs should do the job but I also want you to go to another site called http://hijack-this.org and download the program. Do not worry about the warning that it gives you. You will not remove anything until I tell you to.

[bold]Step 1
    Reboot your computer in Safe Mode. You may do this by pressing F8 repeatedly after hearing the beep as your computer is starting back up. You will be given a menu of choices. Choose Safe Mode. Safe Mode does not allow any start up programs to run!

Step 2
    While in Safe Mode run your programs that you just download. Start with Ad-Aware, then Spybot Search & Destroy, then CCleaner. By the time you run CCleaner it should not find anything.

NOTE: When you run Spybot first analyze and then clean. Before you clean check to see if there is anything in the list that you do not want removed. I would normally just tell you to clean because 99% of the stuff needs to be removed, however, it may not like Firefox if that is your browser.

Step 3
    Reboot the machine back in regular mode. Run HjT (Hijack This) and post the report for me to look at. Hopefully there will be nothing for me to tell you to remove. If there is I will let you know.[/bold]

Good luck and keep me posted. I do not want to teach you how to overclock your machine! If I do find any additional things to remove I may suggest for you to download another program or two. Let's wait and see.

[bold]Edit to make a change![/i]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  5. noobz

noobz Guest

but i already have webroot spysweeper(a spyware removal program) and norton anti virus 2005( a virus removal program) and also got norton personal firewall( a firewall). Don't these do the same job as the stuff u told me just now.

6. noobz

noobz Guest

This is what i got after the scan-

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 12:54:01 AM, on 8/11/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\PXAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
    C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\SAGUI.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\3B Software\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\googlewebaccclient.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\Blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://localhost:9100/proxy.pac
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Web Accelerator Helper - {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Web Accelerator - {DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] "c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CAMTRAY.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistrySmart] "C:\Program Files\RegistrySmart\RegistrySmart.exe" -boot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoTBar] "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\AUTOTBAR.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrevxHome] "C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\SAGUI.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfAccuracy] C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Registry Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Registry Cleaner Trial\Regclean.exe" -startminimize
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Registry Repair Pro] C:\Program Files\3B Software\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Run Google Web Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: SECRETMAKER.lnk = C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: Prevx Agent (PrevxAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\PXAgent.exe" -f (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
    O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

7. syxguns

syxguns Active member

noobz-

Okay, the first thing I need you to do is create a folder for Hijack This in your c:\Program files\(**Make Folder Called Hijack**). The reason for this is because HjT makes logs of every report you run. These logs are good for restoring the system if you make a mistake.

The second thing I want you to do is rename the HijackThis.exe file to Hijack.exe. This is because some intruders are made aware of its presence. They learn to hide!

The third thing I want you to do is download the following programs from the sites I list.
    ATF Cleaner - http://www.majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
    Silent Runners - http://wwwlsilentrunner.org

[bold]NOW HERE WE GO!!![/bold]

1) Go to http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm
    Run the scan and hope that there are no problems! If there are and panda scan cannot remedy them then list them for me.

2) Reboot in safe mode and run ATF Cleaner and Silent Runners

3) Reboot to normal mode and run your HjT again. Post the new log for me.

Thanks.

8. noobz

noobz Guest

the link to silent runners was not good so i didnt got it. i scaned the computer with active scan and i got-

Incident Status Location

Potentially unwanted tool:application/funweb Not disinfected c:\windows\downloaded program files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.8.inf
    Dialer:dialer.bny Not disinfected c:\windows\pcconfig.dat
    Potentially unwanted tool:application/bestoffer Not disinfected c:\windows\smdat32m.sys
    Potentially unwanted tool:application/regclean32 Not disinfected c:\program files\Registry Cleaner Trial
    Adware:adware/ist.istbar Not disinfected Windows Registry
    Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6cw7hxcj.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Adserver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.z1.adserver.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Falkag Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.as-us.falkag.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.hitbox.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[statse.webtrendslive.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Valueclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.valueclick.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/DomainSponsor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[landing.domainsponsor.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Target Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.target.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\zjwxbrx1.slt\cookies.txt[statse.webtrendslive.com/S146260]
    Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Seeq Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.www48.seeq.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Buydomains Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.www47.buydomains.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Tradedoubler Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.tradedoubler.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.searchportal.information.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.trafficmp.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.perf.overture.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.trafficmp.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Seeq Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.seeq.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Target Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.target.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.statcounter.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/OfferOptimizer Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.offeroptimizer.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/dcs9my07lwievvreitvlspczt_4r2b]
    Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Netster Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.lb1.netster.com/index/]
    Spyware:Cookie/OfferOptimizer Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.offeroptimizer.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/cs.sexcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.cs.sexcounter.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/63743044]
    Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/30454849]
    Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.statse.webtrendslive.com/dcs6zlkme5twkfo7z0bd2cu5d_6b2k]
    Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.apmebf.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Bfast Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.bfast.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.ad.yieldmanager.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Dbbsrv Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.dbbsrv.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.247realmedia.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.belnk.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Hbmediapro Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.adopt.hbmediapro.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/64.62.232 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.64.62.232.6/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Hitslink Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.counter.hitslink.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\ngeq8234.default\cookies.txt[.ath.belnk.com/]
    Spyware:Cookie/Casinotropez Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@casinotropez[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Cgi-bin Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@cgi-bin[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Cgi-bin Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@cgi-bin[4].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Cgi-bin Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@cgi-bin[5].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Cgi-bin Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@cgi-bin[8].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/cs.sexcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@cs.sexcounter[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Mysearch Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@mysearch[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@searchportal.information[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Target Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@target[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Buydomains Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Cookies\guest@www47.buydomains[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@2o7[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@ads.pointroll[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@advertising[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@atdmt[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@doubleclick[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@fastclick[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@questionmarket[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@servedby.advertising[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@serving-sys[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Zedo Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\guest@zedo[2].txt
    Adware:Adware/FlashTrack Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\T6JPHUCY\channels_02[1].gif
    Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@ads.pointroll[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@atdmt[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@belnk[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/BurstNet Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@burstnet[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Belnk Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@dist.belnk[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@fastclick[2].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@tribalfusion[1].txt
    Spyware:Cookie/BurstBeacon Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Cookies\hp_owner@www.burstbeacon[2].txt

9. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Okay, get silent runners from this location. http://www.silentrunners.org/

Did you rename and replace hijack this?

Here are a few steps that you need to take.
    1) start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer

A window will pop up with a list of directories on the left and the items it contains on the right.

2) Click Tools -> Folder Options...

A window will pop up with different tabs at the top. Select the tab that says View. You will see an option under a folder called Hidden files and folders. Select the bullet that says Show hidden files and folders.
    Remember to come back to this window and change the option back to Do not show hidden files and folders.

3) Now on the left hand side of the Widows Explorer select My Computer-> Local Disk (C:)-> Browser-> CACHE

a. If there are files there then select them and delete them. Now go further down the chain Local Disk (C:)-> Documents and Settings

b. Now choose your user name or each one individually and look for a folder called Local Settings. In that folder you will find a file called Temp. Select Temp then hit Edit-> Select All then press Delete. Now there may be certain files that will not be removed. When this happens the delete will stop. To the far left of the screen under the item that would not delete highlight the first item. Hold Shift and scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the item to the far right. If you run into another repeat the process until all files are deleted. Of course there may be two or three that will not but that is okay.

c. Now back to Local Disk (c:)-> Windows-> Cache delete all files there

d. Now a little further down there should be another folder called Temp. Delete all files there.

4. Now open your browser and select Tools-> Options (or browser options) find a button that says delete cookies, one that says delete Temporary Internet files, one that says delete history, one that says delete search, and one that says delete URL's. If you can't find a couple of them don't worry about it. I am just trying to clean up a lot of that mess that was on the last report.

Now you may close all running applications and run that silent runners program. You should run it in safe mode, however, I will leave that up to you. After that is run, then run another report of HjT and post the log.

By the way your system should be responding a lot quicker by now. There are just a couple of more steps to take and your system will be like new. Let me know if you have another problem downloading that silent runners.

Thanks!

[bold]Edit: to correct error![/bold]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  10. noobz

noobz Guest

the silent runner log file i got was-

Silent Runners.vbs", revision 46, http://www.silentrunners.org/
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
    ---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
    "ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
    "Yahoo! Pager" = ""C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
    "msnmsgr" = ""C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background" [MS]
    "Registry Cleaner" = ""C:\Program Files\Registry Cleaner Trial\Regclean.exe" -startminimize" ["SoftwareOnline.Com Inc"]
    "Windows Registry Repair Pro" = "C:\Program Files\3B Software\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4" ["3B Software, Inc."]
    "Skype" = ""C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized" ["Skype Technologies S.A."]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
    "SunJavaUpdateSched" = ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
    "hpsysdrv" = "c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "AGRSMMSG" = "AGRSMMSG.exe" ["Agere Systems"]
    "HPHUPD06" = ""c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe"" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "HPHmon06" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "KBD" = "C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "TkBellExe" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
    "Recguard" = "C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [empty string]
    "ccApp" = ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "SSC_UserPrompt" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "AlcxMonitor" = "ALCXMNTR.EXE" ["Realtek Semiconductor Corp."]
    "ISUSPM Startup" = ""C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup" ["InstallShield Software Corporation"]
    "ISUSScheduler" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start" ["InstallShield Software Corporation"]
    "PS2" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "LSBWatcher" = "c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "Reminder" = ""C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"" ["SoftThinks"]
    "SpySweeper" = ""C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    "iTunesHelper" = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "Creative WebCam Tray" = ""C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CAMTRAY.EXE"" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
    "RegistrySmart" = ""C:\Program Files\RegistrySmart\RegistrySmart.exe" -boot" [null data]
    "AutoTBar" = ""c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\AUTOTBAR.EXE"" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "PrevxHome" = ""C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\SAGUI.exe"" ["Prevx Ltd."]
    "SurfAccuracy" = "C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe" [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! Toolbar Helper"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
    {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "AcroIEHlprObj Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
    {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = (no title provided)
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
    {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! IE Services Button"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
    {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7}\(Default) = "Google Web Accelerator Helper"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google Web Accelerator Helper"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll" [null data]
    {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
    {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CNisExtBho Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Helper"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]
    {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CNavExtBho Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
    "{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
    "{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
    "{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}" = "Portable Media Devices"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Portable Media Devices"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
    "{cc86590a-b60a-48e6-996b-41d25ed39a1e}" = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
    "{DEE12703-6333-4D4E-8F34-738C4DCC2E04}" = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Sonic RecordNow!\shlext.dll" [null data]
    "{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RealOne Player Context Menu Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
    "{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Desktop Icon Handler"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Outlook"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\MLSHEXT.DLL" [MS]
    "{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Outlook File Icon Extension"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
    "{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohev.dll" [MS]
    "{7F67036B-66F1-411A-AD85-759FB9C5B0DB}" = "SampleView"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SampleView"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellvRTF.dll" ["XSS"]
    "{7C9D5882-CB4A-4090-96C8-430BFE8B795B}" = "Webroot Spy Sweeper Context Menu Integration"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Webroot Spy Sweeper Context Menu Integration"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Webroot\SPYSWE~1\SSCtxMnu.dll" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    "{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "iTunes"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinRAR"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]
    "{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}" = "Yahoo! Mail"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "YMailShellExt Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmapi.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
    INFECTION WARNING! "BootExecute" = "autocheck autochk * SsiEfr.e" [file not found], [MS], [file not found], [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
    INFECTION WARNING! WRNotifier\DLLName = "WRLogonNTF.dll" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
    INFECTION WARNING! text/xml\CLSID = "{807553E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
    Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IEContextMenu Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    WinRAR\(Default) = "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}"
    Yahoo! Mail\(Default) = "{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmapi.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
    SpySweeper\(Default) = "{7C9D5882-CB4A-4090-96C8-430BFE8B795B}"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Webroot\SPYSWE~1\SSCtxMnu.dll" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
    -----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
    "Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Startup items in "HP_Owner" & "All Users" startup folders:
    ----------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    "HP Digital Imaging Monitor" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Co."]
    "Run Google Web Accelerator" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe" [null data]
    "SECRETMAKER" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe /Logon" ["Secretmaker"]
    "Updates from HP" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe -startup" ["Hewlett-Packard"]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
    ------------------------

"Easy Internet Sign-up" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Easy Internet signup\HPSdpApp.exe /remind" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - HP_Owner" -> launches: "c:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "Symantec NetDetect" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDetect.exe" [file not found]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
    -------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
    000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
    000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
    000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
    0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
    %SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
    ------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\
    "{B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HP view"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Norton AntiVirus"
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! Toolbar"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
    "{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]
    "{DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF}"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Web Accelerator"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
    "{B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5}" = (no title provided)
    "{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus"
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = (no title provided)
    "{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = (no title provided)
    "{DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF}" = (no title provided)

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
    {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
    "MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
    "CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
    -> {HKCU...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}\
    "ButtonText" = "Yahoo! Services"
    "CLSIDExtension" = "{5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}\
    "ButtonText" = "Research"

{E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96}\
    "ButtonText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
    "MenuText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
    "Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
    "ButtonText" = "Messenger"
    "MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
    "Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Miscellaneous IE Hijack Points
    ------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\INF\IERESET.INF (used to "Reset Web Settings")

Added lines (compared with English-language version):
    [Strings]: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome

Missing lines (compared with English-language version):
    [Strings]: 1 line

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = "*b" (unwritable string)

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP SSL, HTTPFilter, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter" {"C:\WINDOWS\System32\w3ssl.dll" [MS]}
    iPodService, iPodService, "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE"" [MS]
    Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service, navapsvc, ""c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Prevx Agent, PrevxAgent, ""C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\PXAgent.exe" -f" ["Prevx Ltd."]
    Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Network Drivers Service, SNDSrvc, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Network Proxy, ccProxy, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec SPBBCSvc, SPBBCSvc, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    SymWMI Service, SymWSC, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine, WebrootSpySweeperService, ""C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe"" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    Windows User Mode Driver Framework, UMWdf, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe" [MS]

Print Monitors:
    ---------------

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
    Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Monitor\Driver = "mdimon.dll" [MS]
    Microsoft Shared Fax Monitor\Driver = "FXSMON.DLL" [MS]

----------
    + This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
    + To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
    launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
    + To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
    DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
    use the -supp parameter or answer "No" at the first message box.
    ---------- (total run time: 1089 seconds, including 18 seconds for message boxes)

Then i Ran hijack this and the log was-

Scan saved at 2:05:01 PM, on 8/12/2006

Running processes:
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Desktop\Hijack.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\Blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://localhost:9100/proxy.pac
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Web Accelerator Helper - {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Web Accelerator - {DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] "c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CAMTRAY.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistrySmart] "C:\Program Files\RegistrySmart\RegistrySmart.exe" -boot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoTBar] "c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\AUTOTBAR.EXE"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Registry Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Registry Cleaner Trial\Regclean.exe" -startminimize
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Registry Repair Pro] C:\Program Files\3B Software\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Run Google Web Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: SECRETMAKER.lnk = C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: Prevx Agent (PrevxAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\PXAgent.exe" -f (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
    O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

11. noobz

noobz Guest

one more thing how do i remove the viruses, trojan, worms and spyware that are in my system.

12. syxguns

syxguns Active member

noobz-

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Desktop\Hijack.exe
    This is where you have it located. It is renamed but it needs its own folder under the C drive. It should read: C:\Program Files\Hijack_This\Hijack.exe. Please make this change before your next report.

Okay the first thing that I see that is bad is, CNisExtBho Class. We are going to try to get rid of that. Now for some reason it did not show up in your HjT log, but it was in your SilentRunners log. Go to Start-> Search select All files and folders and then type in the box, “CNisExtBho Class”. Now remember that it will search for everything that remotely comes close to that name. If it finds it, write down the location of the folder. It may be in C:\Program Files or C:\Windows. If you find more than one occurrence of the file write them both down. Now go to where the file is located and delete it. If you found the file it is probably a good idea to search the registry for it. Let me know if you find the file or not.

After you have moved HjT to its new location run it again and check the items I’ve listed below.

*R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\Blank.htm

*O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfAccuracy] C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe

Open the control panel and select add/remove programs and see if there is a program called SurfAccuracy. If there is remove it. It is a very undesirable file. If it is not there then open My Computer and double click the C drive. Now double click the folder called Program Files. Make sure that remove the SurfAccuracy from there.

Now make sure that Spybot & Ad-Aware are up to date and reboot your computer in safe mode and run them along with your Norton. If they find anything, remove it and reboot in safe mode again and run them again. Continue to do this until no infected items come up. If you are successful the first time then congratulations your system is clean. If you would like you may post another HjT log after the system is clean for me to double check.

While you are in safe mode run a scan disk and a disk defrag to speed your system up. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

[bold]Edit: To take out comment about secret maker! I did a little more reading and it seems to be fine.[/bold]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  13. noobz

noobz Guest

couldn't find "CNisExtBho Class"

14. syxguns

syxguns Active member

If you didn't find it that is good. You can now remove the programs that I originally had you install. They will probably not show up in add/remove programs. You will have to go to the location where you download them.

If you moved HjT to the location I told you to you are more than welcome to post another log for me to look at.

Did you defrag, and disk clean? Did you run the spybot and ad-aware in safe mode? I just want to make sure that your system is clean.

15. noobz

noobz Guest

deleted the surf acuracy using spybot search and destroy.

16. noobz

noobz Guest

ok the new SILENT RUNNER log now is-

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 46, http://www.silentrunners.org/
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
    ---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
    "ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
    "Yahoo! Pager" = ""C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
    "msnmsgr" = ""C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background" [MS]
    "Registry Cleaner" = ""C:\Program Files\Registry Cleaner Trial\Regclean.exe" -startminimize" ["SoftwareOnline.Com Inc"]
    "Windows Registry Repair Pro" = "C:\Program Files\3B Software\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4" ["3B Software, Inc."]
    "Skype" = ""C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized" ["Skype Technologies S.A."]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
    "SunJavaUpdateSched" = ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
    "hpsysdrv" = "c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "AGRSMMSG" = "AGRSMMSG.exe" ["Agere Systems"]
    "HPHUPD06" = ""c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe"" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "HPHmon06" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "KBD" = "C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "TkBellExe" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
    "Recguard" = "C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [empty string]
    "ccApp" = ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "SSC_UserPrompt" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "AlcxMonitor" = "ALCXMNTR.EXE" ["Realtek Semiconductor Corp."]
    "ISUSPM Startup" = ""C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup" ["InstallShield Software Corporation"]
    "ISUSScheduler" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start" ["InstallShield Software Corporation"]
    "PS2" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "LSBWatcher" = "c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
    "Reminder" = ""C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"" ["SoftThinks"]
    "SpySweeper" = ""C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    "iTunesHelper" = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "Creative WebCam Tray" = ""C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CAMTRAY.EXE"" ["Creative Technology Ltd"]
    "AutoTBar" = ""c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\AUTOTBAR.EXE"" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "PrevxHome" = ""C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\SAGUI.exe"" ["Prevx Ltd."]
    "SurfAccuracy" = "C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe" [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! Toolbar Helper"
    {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "AcroIEHlprObj Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
    {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
    {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7}\(Default) = "Google Web Accelerator Helper"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "&Google Web Accelerator Helper"
    {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
    {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CNisExtBho Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Google Toolbar Helper"
    {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = (no title provided)
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "CNavExtBho Class"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
    "{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
    "{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
    "{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}" = "Portable Media Devices"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Portable Media Devices"
    "{cc86590a-b60a-48e6-996b-41d25ed39a1e}" = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
    "{DEE12703-6333-4D4E-8F34-738C4DCC2E04}" = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\Program Files\Sonic RecordNow!\shlext.dll" [null data]
    "{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "RealOne Player Context Menu Class"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
    "{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Desktop Icon Handler"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Microsoft Office Outlook"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\MLSHEXT.DLL" [MS]
    "{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Outlook File Icon Extension"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
    "{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohev.dll" [MS]
    "{7F67036B-66F1-411A-AD85-759FB9C5B0DB}" = "SampleView"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SampleView"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ShellvRTF.dll" ["XSS"]
    "{7C9D5882-CB4A-4090-96C8-430BFE8B795B}" = "Webroot Spy Sweeper Context Menu Integration"
    "{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "iTunes"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
    "{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}" = "Yahoo! Mail"

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
    INFECTION WARNING! "BootExecute" = "autocheck autochk * SsiEfr.e" [file not found], [MS], [file not found], [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
    INFECTION WARNING! WRNotifier\DLLName = "WRLogonNTF.dll" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
    INFECTION WARNING! text/xml\CLSID = "{807553E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
    Yahoo! Mail\(Default) = "{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}"

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
    SpySweeper\(Default) = "{7C9D5882-CB4A-4090-96C8-430BFE8B795B}"

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
    -----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
    "Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.BUDDY\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Startup items in "HP_Owner" & "All Users" startup folders:
    ----------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    "HP Digital Imaging Monitor" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Co."]
    "Run Google Web Accelerator" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe" [null data]
    "SECRETMAKER" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe /Logon" ["Secretmaker"]
    "Updates from HP" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe -startup" ["Hewlett-Packard"]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
    ------------------------

"Easy Internet Sign-up" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Easy Internet signup\HPSdpApp.exe /remind" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
    "Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - HP_Owner" -> launches: "c:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    "Symantec NetDetect" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDetect.exe" [file not found]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
    -------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
    000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
    000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
    000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
    0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 15
    %SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
    ------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
    "{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}"
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"
    "{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}"
    "{DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF}"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
    "{B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5}" = (no title provided)
    "{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus"
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = (no title provided)
    "{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = (no title provided)
    "{DB87BFA2-A2E3-451E-8E5A-C89982D87CBF}" = (no title provided)

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
    {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
    "MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
    "CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
    -> {HKCU...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in"
    -> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06"
    \InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}\
    "ButtonText" = "Yahoo! Services"
    "CLSIDExtension" = "{5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}"

{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}\
    "ButtonText" = "Research"

{E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96}\
    "ButtonText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
    "MenuText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
    "Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
    "ButtonText" = "Messenger"
    "MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
    "Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Miscellaneous IE Hijack Points
    ------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\INF\IERESET.INF (used to "Reset Web Settings")

Added lines (compared with English-language version):
    [Strings]: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome

Missing lines (compared with English-language version):
    [Strings]: 1 line

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = "*i" (unwritable string)

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

iPodService, iPodService, "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
    Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE"" [MS]
    Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service, navapsvc, ""c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Prevx Agent, PrevxAgent, ""C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\PXAgent.exe" -f" ["Prevx Ltd."]
    Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Network Drivers Service, SNDSrvc, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Network Proxy, ccProxy, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Symantec SPBBCSvc, SPBBCSvc, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    SymWMI Service, SymWSC, ""c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
    Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine, WebrootSpySweeperService, ""C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe"" ["Webroot Software, Inc."]
    Windows User Mode Driver Framework, UMWdf, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe" [MS]

Print Monitors:
    ---------------

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
    Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Monitor\Driver = "mdimon.dll" [MS]
    Microsoft Shared Fax Monitor\Driver = "FXSMON.DLL" [MS]

----------
    + This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
    + To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
    launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
    + To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
    DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
    use the -supp parameter or answer "No" at the first message box.
    ---------- (total run time: 61 seconds, including 3 seconds for message boxes)

the new log for HIGH JACK THIS IS NOW-

Scan saved at 1:46:00 PM, on 8/13/2006

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hijack_This\Hijack.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

Dont worry the surf accuracy was blocked by spy sweeper and now is not found because it is deleted.

17. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Well, if that surf accuracy is now not installed even though it shows up on you HjT log then you should be clean. Run the HjT again and select these two items and click fix now.

Once this is done you should have no more problems with the machine. Did you have another virus that Norton picked up and could not be removed? If so, let me know what the name of the virus is and I will tell you how to remove it. But by looking at the two reports you should be clean. Did you run a defrag? Basically all it does is move items in your hard drive so that they may be accessed quicker. This will give your computer a little more speed. Let me know how it turns out.

18. noobz

noobz Guest

i removed about 60+ viruses and spyware using spysweeper, norton anti virus, Adaware se and spybot search and destroy. couldn't remove R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\Blank.htm. but i did manage to remove surf acuracy as u told me.

the new log for highjack is-

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Hijack_This\Hijack.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Google Web Accelerator Helper - {69A87B7D-DE56-4136-9655-716BA50C19C7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new background tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/229?b126155eb33449fa8a8f49d38233dbeb
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new foreground tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/230?b126155eb33449fa8a8f49d38233dbeb
    O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe

19. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Well, according to your log it looks like your system is clean. Is it running faster without any errors? How long have you had that secret maker software? I wonder because you had so many items that were infected. Maybe that secret maker isn't worth it. Your Prevx should keep you informed of any possible intrusions in or out.

Basically what you need to do to keep your system clean is boot in safe mode once a week and run your Ad-Aware and Anti-Virus software. Maybe once every couple of months run scan disk and defrag the system. This will allow your computer to operate faster. Of course you do not need to do that unless you are constantly saving and deleting items from your system. I run a defrag once a month. Let me know how the system is running. Don't worry about that RO you mentioned. It is not there to cause a problem it is just an undesirable entry.

20. noobz

noobz Guest

my system is running a little better only when i dont use the prev x i saw when i used it it didnt respond as fast as before when i didnt use it. also i use lime wire, frost wire, utorrent and download allot of stuff off the internet is it ok. if any of them are not ok lease tell me.