1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by myjo, Mar 5, 2007.

1. myjo

myjo Member

I've recently softmodded my xbox using the splinter cell exploit, i used it with the unleashed X dash for about a week and even burnt a few backups, but yesterday my xbox started booting to the MS dash and the light was green. I tried reinstalling the mod but it kept saying error with an empty box. so i tried other softmodding files which did not work either, Now it wont open up to the exploit menu it say " your xbox needs service contact customer support, Also the MS dash says cannot connect to xbox live and when i press A it goes to update and still says it cant connect

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hey man, did you happen to make a backup of your eeprom and hdd files on your comp?? because if you didn't then the only way to fix your xbox is with a hard modchip. if you did make a backup of your stuff, then just download xboxhdm 1.9, and just rebuild your drive. you have to be careful when installing a new dashboard, because if you just copy one, over top your old one, you aren't changing your default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, that is one of the problems alot of people do and as soon as you reboot the box it is screwed(in your case) sorry to say but it is the truth.

3. myjo

myjo Member

ok thanks for that i'll have 2 check if i copied them over or not