1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please??

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DrkDreamz, Mar 21, 2007.

1. DrkDreamz

DrkDreamz Member

Hi,

My boyfriend has burnt me a couple of DVD's using DVD-R and DVD+RW formats. But I can not get my DVD driver to read them. I have looked up some info. But cant seem to find anything really helpful. This is what I have for a DVD-Rom "Matshita SR-8176". For my driver I have a "Hitachi_DK23CA-30B". I am using Windows XP. I guess my question is will I be able to play them on my laptop, and still be able to play them on a regular DVD player, without really paying anything? I am still in college and really cant afford much. Is there a free program that I can perhaps download or can someone please maybe walk me through something? Any help would be really appreciated, as I am getting frustrated and am ready to chuck my computer across the room. Lol.

Thanks for any help you guys can send me.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

so windows media player won't play the dvd's? dose your dvd rom see the dvd's? do you have power dvd player? you might get vlc player it will play almost anything.also you might have to download a codec pack, to get theese to play

3. DrkDreamz

DrkDreamz Member

Windows media wont play the DVD either. My dvd rom doesnt even realize theres a DVD in it. It plays other DVD's (that arent burnt) and CD's that are both burnt and not. So I know theres power to the DVDROM.

Where can I get the vlc player? And I was looking for a codec to DL but I couldnt seem to find anything that would work. Do you have any ideas as to what I should download?

Thanks for your help. :]

4. DrkDreamz

DrkDreamz Member

Oh .. and I do have a Decoder downloaded. Its called "Satsuki Decoder Pack 3.1.1.2." And I still cant play my DVD's.

This is getting frustrating. :[

5. DrkDreamz

DrkDreamz Member

I downloaded the VCL media player. And it still wont play. Any new ideas? I am getting to my wits end.

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

What brand disc did he burn then on (sony,TDK,memorex etc..)

7. DrkDreamz

DrkDreamz Member

some are staples and some are memorex.

8. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

That's what I thought Please use Verbatim DVDR- for movies first, the disc you are using wont work for playback on your players