1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Problem connecting XBox to PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Praxiss, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Praxiss

Praxiss Member

I am having a problem connecting my Xbox to my PC. I have a network card installed (3Com) and hooked the XBox up to it using a crossover cable. By all accounts - this should work. But the icon in the sys tray says the network cable is unplugged.

Have tried doing it through a hub, with straight and crossover cable (switch hub crossover button where required) - still no joy.

XBox is chipped (XCutor 1.1), EvoX installed. Got IP from EvoX dash and tried to ping it - no joy.

No idea what the problem is, can only think that maybe the NC is having a problem, my ModChip doesnt support networking (tho spec on XBox Forums says not). The cables have been tested and work OK

Would appreciate any help anyone could give

Thanks

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

3. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Member

I'm having this problem too. I've set up a static IP address on both the Xbox and PC and started the PC first. I changed every setting I could find on the PC (like the authentication settings) and tried 2 different network cards. There is definetly something wrong.

The only problems I can think of are the port on the Xbox might be faulty, which is unlikely or that it's because I'm running XP home edition.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Buz

4. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

are you by any chance running xp b/cuz when i had to format my pc hdd i had to set up network on it and choose to enable internet sharing from the network options give it a try it worked for me

5. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

also because you can see your ip address in your xbox settings it must be connected so it must be pc settings