1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-Problems with XBOX reading burnt cd's

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Deftera, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Deftera

Deftera Member

Can someone please help me with my xbox? I have a thomson drive and of course, they dont recognize CDR's. I was told everywhere that they read CDRW's but i tried burning 2 and neither recognized as a disk.

and, NO, you dont need a modded xbox(the most commonly question ive been asked while seeking answer of this)

Im using nero and burning at speeds 4X for CDRW's(the highest and lowest it will let me try), i tried one on nero express and one on regular nero and neither worked. In this list it says my cd brand should work with XBOX's(Memorex CDRW)

Anyone know how to do it or what im doing wrong?

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

I all so use Memorex for my xbox.I burn the rw @ 10x and that seems to work for me.

Just try to fill the hole disc...That might work.

3. Deftera

Deftera Member

you probably have a different cd drive.- (lost link to where to find out which you have) I dont think it will let me go at 10X on a cdrw. I'll try filling it up..

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

There are different 'types' of CDRW discs and some drives can handle them... some cant.
    1x-4x: Old school, "Multispeed"
    4x-10x: "High Speed" (although this also includes the 12x discs)
    24x: "Ultra Speed"
    32x: Not named yet