1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!..recent problems burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Syndrin, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Syndrin

Syndrin Member

I have been having problems burning DVD's after sailing along trouble free for quite a while and it's becoming very frustrating. I always use DVD shrink and have never had a problem until now...tried burning Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster and Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival and can't seem to make a working copy.
    Normally when the DVD is finished, DVD shrink shows a message saying it is finished and the burner tray ejects from the burner waiting for you to get the finished disc....with these two I still get the message on the PC but it doesn't eject and the disc isn't recognied in any DVD player. I downloaded AnyDVD and ran it in the background but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    I have heard that some chains are putting ID stickers on, covering the clear space around the spindle hole and this seems to make a difference and I have noticed that both of these have that area covered...one with an ID sticker and one with actual DVD label..
    Any help or advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...not sure I'll understand it (sometimes the messages here are a bit over my head technically, but I'll do my best....lol)
    This is a terrifc site...thanks in advance!

DC

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I had a similar problem, awhile back, and it turned out to be a bad batch of blanks. They were TDK 4X blanks. TDK is usually a good brand. I'm using some TDK 8X blanks right now, and they are fine. Try another brand of blank, and see if that helps.
    Some brands I've had no problems with are Verbatim, Sony and Maxell.
    Good luck!

3. Syndrin

Syndrin Member

I have tried Memorex and Maxell...usually I use exclusively Maxell and never had a problem until now...