1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help replaceing harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by kawsar, Apr 24, 2007.

1. kawsar

kawsar Guest

i done a softmodd it worked fine then i instaled a dashboard with the auto installer disk and it messed up my xbox and i got error 21 so i performed a hotswap, pc picked up the xbox hdd out but xplorer360 didnt pick it up so i tyyed few time didnt work so now i got error 09, i have the backup copy of the eprom which is 256b

now am trying to replace the harddrive with the a new one now

does the new harddrive has to be lockable and unlockable in order to replace i have a few 8gb hdd but not sure if they can be locked/unlocked?

someone point me in the right direction please.

thanks

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

yes, you need to be able to lock and unlock the hd to the motherboard. Use the search bar to find a list of hd that work with the xbox.

3. kawsar

kawsar Guest

i found out how to do xboxhddm
    to rebuild hdd from scratch but i need to now if it will work on error 9

4. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have a back up of your EEPROM file on your PC, or even a back up of the whole drive, then you can just build the new one without even using the old one.

ANY person with a softmodded system should at least have a back up of their EEPROM file on their PC. With just that you could build a new hard drive from scratch with Xboxhdm.

5. kawsar

kawsar Guest

thanks it dint work with error 09

so i replaced hdd

working now

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

the other drive just wipe the fatx partition create it from scratch just like you did before and repair the drive or any other unlocked drive. I dont install dashes from the aid disc i extract them manually place them in the apps folder. I have never received an error code because i dont delete or rename files that im not sure about. The xbox os is very simple compared to pc but If you have any doubts ask thats what we are here for, this site has helped me alot.

7. kawsar

kawsar Guest

but i tryed repairing the other hdd with the same xboxhdm 1.9 method but the pc dosnt even pick up the hdd so therefore i cant do nothing about it coz with error 9 i dont think hdd is unlockable even with eeprom.