1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-Rip Blu-ray without AnyDVD HD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by odin24, Jun 10, 2008.

1. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Has anybody comes across a solution to rip a BD to your PC without using AnyDVD HD? I have already tried Blu Ray Disc Ripper and I cannot figure it out.

Thanks.

2. mtouset

mtouset Member

Hi Odin24. While I don't have an answer, I wanted to add a similar previous question that I posed, but not anwered. I have been unable to rip my copy of "Avatar" BD to my HDD with AnyDvd HD. Do you, or does anyone know what the problem may be? I have two Blu Ray capable LG drives and my Avatar BD movie plays just fine on both drives. However, as previously stated, AnyDvd HD will not allow me to rip that particular BD to HDD. Mtouset

3. badbak

badbak Member

4. mtouset

mtouset Member

I have to say that AnyDvD HD update 6.6.4.2 did the trick. I'm am once again able to rip BD's to my HDD using AnyDVD HD with this new update

5. getanacct

getanacct Member

Glad that you got to solve your problem. The movie studio's are getting even more tricky with the DRM/BD+ stuff, but companies like Slysoft and Fengtao are always up to the task.

:)

6. Riomj

Riomj Guest

Have you tried dvdfab? The Blu-ray to Blu-ray option works well for getting the main movie file for me. Rips to a m2ts file.

7. badbak

badbak Member

Other problem which may occure
    What is HDCP?

HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display. The format designed by Intel and licensed by Digital Content Protection, LLC using an authentication and key exchange procedure before video and audio is presented. Products compatible with the HDCP scheme such as DVD players, satellite and cable HDTV set-top-boxes, as well as few entertainment PCs requires a secure connection to a compliant display, the process often described as the handshake. Due to the increase in manufacturers employing HDCP in their equipment, it is highly recommended that any HDTV you purchase is compatible. Although most video devices support high-definition video over component output, analog connections are scheduled to phase out in the future or possibly forced to limited resolutions output.

8. mtouset

mtouset Member

I have downloaded DVDFAB, but I haven't tried it yet. I've been so satisfied with AnyDVD. I do intend to give DVDFAB a try though.

9. littlegun

littlegun Regular member

Ok so if I use AnyDVD or DVD fab for BD, can I burn straight to a Disc using a Roxio or the like or do I have to modify files and such. I have looked at some of the other threads and it looks like rocket science.

I am an expert at regular DVD backups but now BD....

10. mtouset

mtouset Member

I'll pass on what I've learned. 1st you need to rip the BD to HDD using either AnyDVD HD or DVDFAB. I have yet to use DVDFAB, but I have been successfull with AnyDVD HD (It was worth my investment). 2ND go to the folder containing BDMV and CERTIFICATE rightclick on BDMV folder...if it is 24GB or < you can burn those two folders to a 25GB BD using your BD burner & favorite burning software...I use IMGBURN. If the BDMV folder is > than 25GB then you have some compression work to do. The basic process is: extraction of the BD files, i.e. video; audio, & subtitles; compression of the video extracted file and finally muxing the extracted and compressed file together which result in a new BDMV and Certificate folder that can be burned on a 25GB BD. There is a method which allows you to use DVD 9 and DVD 5 to place a small BD movie on, but I defer to the Blu-Ray guide on this site produced by RYU77 and a couple of other contributors. The file extraction method I learned is a bit entailed. I learned to use the command prompt for file extraction using EAC3to software. Then I use MeGUI to compress the extracted video file..(extremely time consuming). Then I use TSMUXER to bring the extracted files together including the new compressed video file. Finally I burn the resulting BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders using IMGBURN. Now if hou really don't want to deal with such a lengthy process, you may want to explore BD-Rebuilder which will get you your backup BD in one or two clicks. The software I use was downloaded from this site with the exception AnyDVD HD which I purchased separately. While long-winded, I hope I've been helpful.

11. mtouset

mtouset Member

I've also been referred to DVDFABHD DECRYPTER. Because I've been really satisfied with AnyDVD HD, I have yet to try anything else.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  12. snapp

snapp Member

has anyone tried alcohol 120 i got it to copy my hancock movie as a iso file but it wont play

13. mtouset

mtouset Member

I guess I needed to know that alcohol 120 is an alternative to rip the the BD to HDD and will it rip it as an ISO only. It's been my experiencce that one has to use applications like Daemon tools or ISO Buster to break the ISO file down to be able to play it or process it for burning. I also wanted to clarify what it was we were trying to determine. My take on it is that we were trying to find any alternative to AnyDVD HD for ripping a BD to HDD.

14. sophiamak

sophiamak Member

thank you, it can help me