1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! Samsung H552B

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by spendog, Jan 31, 2005.

1. spendog

spendog Member

I`ve just bought a Samsung H552B DVDW drive and it`s fantastic... apart from the fact it doesn`t work!!!

It seems to read factory discs ok, but it will not recognise ANY blank CDs or DVDs (various makes) whether they are still blank or if they have been burnt. It doesn`t matter what is or isn`t on the CD or DVD, it just does not recognise it.

It seems I`m not the only one to have had these problems but I can`t seem to find an answer!!!

Any help gratefully received!!!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

See if there is a firmware upgrade for it. Some drives need upgraded right out of the box.

Jerry

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

My older OptoRite DD0203 needed a firmware upgrade from the start just to read 4x Prodisc media which was under the title of Memorex.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

My first burner was a HP 200. Wouldn't do much of anything out of the box. Had to do the firmware upgrade so it would work.

Jerry

5. spendog

spendog Member

Well I could try that again but it didn`t seem to have much effect last time!!!

Any other ideas?