1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help save my data

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bigdog626, Oct 18, 2010.

1. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

ok my nephew broke my soft modded xbox now its got the xmas lights going on and the repair screen with no numbers and theres no sign of the hdd being broke no sound any how is there a way 2 save the data on the hdd maybe put it in a different xbox ,some how ftp r some thing because theres alot of work i put into it its a 500gb hdd

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

unlock the hdd with your eeprom backup (use the xboxhdm disc; or use the masterpw if you used xboxhdm disc to build the 500 gig. it is something like xboxscene or... just google it). then put the harddisc in another xbox and lock the harddisc with the eeprom of that other xbox; keep in mind that it is xbox version related. a v1.6 softmod might not work in a v1.0 xbox and v.v. so you have to try it a little bit, but if you find a similar xbox version it works (i have several xbox v1.6's all with the same eeprom (flashed them all with the same eeprom) so i can move hdd's easily around.

good luck

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  3. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

ty for the help
    i got it

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010