1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!HELP! Softmodded XBox, deleted xboxdashboard.xbe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MukiHyena, Dec 18, 2008.

1. MukiHyena

MukiHyena Member

Hey all

Not too long ago I softmodded my XBox using ltools v1.75 SC action replay save for Splinter Cell. I used the backup function in the program before I installed my mods, but I think I did it again while my C:\ was modified beyond repair, so restoring is not working.

When I installed the mods, it apparently set up a dual boot. If the disc drive is open when the box boots, it boots to LTools. If the disc drive is closed, it boots to Evolution X.

My main problem is I was attempting to follow a tutorial to boot my XBox to XBMC instead of Evolution X. http://xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard It instructed me to find EvoX.xbe in my C:\ drive and replace it with a customized one as well as a CFG, but the only two I saw in there were xboxdash.xbe and dualboot.xbe. I assumed Dual Boot was needed for LTools, and I didn't want to delete it, so I replaced xboxdash.xbe with the customized .xbe and .cfg. I thought I had backed that up as well, but when I replaced the custom one with the backup, it didn't fix the problem.

I eventually found out the Evolution X xbe was in E:\Dashboards, so I replaced that and have successfully booted my XBox to XBMC rather than Evolution X. Unfortunately, when I try to uninstall the softmods, I receive an error 21 I believe.

My XBox kernal is an older one. I'm not sure of the number.

Is there any way to download the files necessary to repair my dashboard, and just drag and drop them over FTP?

2. MukiHyena

MukiHyena Member

Fixed. I had an error 13, fyi.

I uninstalled all of the mods and selected "New XBox Live Account" in the Halo 2 menu and it immediately updated the dash. I didn't want to connect because I was afraid of getting my box banned.