1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Something is wrong with my hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by twitdaddy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. twitdaddy

twitdaddy Member

This was my first time modding a xbox and i think i screwed up. first off my chip(2.3 lie) went in with a breeze. But like a dumb arse i hooked up my new hd before flashing my chip. i was getting a screen that said i need to have my x box serviced with a flashing red power button. THEN i put my old hd back in and everything was working exept i still had no dash. While trying to get one of yhe many boot diks i made to load my oem hd started getting loud and i now it wont even go to the oem dash with the chip on or off.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Go to this site http://www.eurasia.nu/index.php and download the evox new hd setup. Burn the iso to disk. Put your new hd in the xbox and bootup with the disk in. It will open an evox dash (make a note of the ftp info to connect) and give you the options to format and install apps onto the new drive. Go ahead and let it format(setup)the new hd. It should boot to the evox dash with disk removed. If you want to lock the new hdd use config magic (will be installed from the disk)

3. twitdaddy

twitdaddy Member

Thanks a million!!!! I figured that there was some sort of software to do this, but I didnt know what it was. I am going to try this then I will let you know if it worked.

4. twitdaddy

twitdaddy Member

Well this almost worked but I somehow need to get the data off of my old hd into a folder in this program. Do you know if it would be possible to get this off of a different unmodded x box? I really apreciate your help i have been up past 2 am all week trying to get this thing running.