1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help starview box (green flashing)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gez11, Jun 1, 2007.

1. gez11

gez11 Member

Help,
    downloaded new software STARVIEW 261eE.
    when it completed the box just kept on flashing with green lines going across. Don't know how to get tham off to put back into standby mode.
    tried swithing off no joy please help!...

2. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

thats a bad flash m8,
    try reflashing it again, also let the receiver turn off & on by itself when you are flashing it

just wondering we you are using the 261eE file, have you got a fake/clone receiver, if you have a orginal receiver you should be the new file v300 firmware update

3. gez11

gez11 Member

Hi mate,
    tried to reflash but nothing, do I have to get it off the green flashing dots first before and if I do how do I get them off?
    Looked earlier at pics of boxes and I do have the orginal. I had the file 257 last and stopped about a week ago. Got new file off the supplier.
    Thanks..

4. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

try flashing it with an older firmware to get the box going again, then trying flashing with the v300 file

5. gez11

gez11 Member

Hi Mate,
    Got it on but only naf channels again with file 259.
    Is the v300 file any good because reading some of the problems that it freezes and looked at some pics of clone boxes and mine looks like the orginal.
    but not sure.
    Thanks

6. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

you will need to look at the remote control m8, is it the same as the fake or not, also is your receiver the bigger version of the 2 receivers in the picture

, why you are not getting the channles , is that the code keys have changed , you will have to enter them manually or you will have to put the new update file v3.00 on your receiver so you can starting the $ sign channels

also have you got the EMU turn on

• Press menu (ignore what is on the screen) and press 1 5 7 0, this takes you to a secret menu,

• Go down to emu and turn it on.

also dont worry about the frezzing now & then , as there are working on fix , to sort this out,
    enless you like enter the codes every day

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  7. Veng

Veng Member

Yeah my Fix Was to Flash from 257 api to v3.00, then reflash bk again to 257 api, it keep some of the firmware from v3.00 and now my freezing has stopped :)