1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help to choose a camera!

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by polaris_r, Dec 6, 2009.

1. polaris_r

polaris_r Guest

I'm considering getting a new camera for myself, but can't decide what should I buy one. I don't need a high-quality camera, but want some easy and fun to play with.
    I just read an article from 'BusinessWeek' and they choosed Samsung ST500 as their 5th best product of 2009. With its front LCD screen, I think this one is pretty innovative product. But I just want to make sure is this really worth to buy it or not.
    Would you help me?

Oh, here's the article's web address if you want, btw. :)
    http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1125_gift_guide_best_worst_tech/6.htm

2. telase

telase Member

If I had to pick pocket camera, I'd go with canon IXUS 200 IS (think thats SD980 in the states) It has good focal length and good image quality for pocket camera.

if you're going with dslr and have a price range, honestly, pick the one that feels best in your hands from that price range (test them at store if possible) and pick that one.

3. Fionae

Fionae Guest

Among the various features, I think I like it.

With Samsung’s unique highlight feature, you can focus on one area of your photo and blur everything around it, so turning a normal photo into something much more complex. Simply select one of the two editing options to even out skin tone and complexion.

So I guess Samsung ST500 is perfect!