1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help to finish a DVD project with menu, chapters and videos?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mikeli123, May 25, 2007.

1. mikeli123

mikeli123 Member

Hi Everyone,

I am just doing a typical DVD project. My video source is from the 3 mini-DVDs taken by a Panasonic camcorder and I just want to consolidate them to 1 DVD with basic menu with link to each chapter, background photo and music for the DVD menu. I have Cyberlink PowerProducer v3, Roxio MyDVD Basic 9, Nero Essential v7 and Windows Movie Maker on a Windows Vista laptop (unfortunately I did not buy the laptop earlier when it still came with Windows XP!)

I managed to use Cyberlink PowerProducer v3 to download most chapters from the mini-DVDs. But PowerProducer v3 does not let me put background photo and music for the DVD menu. I thought I just live with that. But then when I burn the DVD, there is NO SOUND at all!

I then tried using Roxio MyDVD Basic 9. It does not let me download chapters from the mini-DVDs so I just used the video files I downloaded with PowerProducer. As soon as I imported any video files, it shows message that it DOES NOT support AC3 audio in my video file and the DVD will have NO SOUND!
    I downloaded an AC3 Filter after research online, but it did not make any difference.

Then I tried the Windows Movie Maker comes with Vista. I managed to create a DVD with menu and chapters. However I expected link to each chapter should have a thumbnail image as in every DVD movie. Instead each chapter link is shown as same black box so I cannot really tell which chapter I am picking!

I know this should not be that hard! Please help all the experts out there. I really hope to use any of these software I already have instead of exploring new ones.

Thanks!
    Chuen

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

well you can do this, using the handbrake guide (in my sig) you can rip all three dvds to your computer, then get dvd which is free and you can use it to combine all three videos into one by adding the first one then>edit title> video sources> and add the other two in the order you want them to come and your done, free and fast software bam, thats my 2 cents