1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Tried converting Fat 32 to NTFS

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by pkoontz, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkoontz

pkoontz Member

Grandma really needs help bad! I have a 200 G hard drive that has been partitioned off into 4 drives. I successfully converted one of the drives and was attempting to convert the drive that has my win XP Professional on. Everything seemed to go ok, until I shut down the system. Then the real nightmare occured. The puter rebooted itself and all I get is this error message. A disk read error occured press ctrl + alt+ Del to restart. This error keeps repeating and I can't get into my puter at all. I'm presently in a panic situation. My life is on this puter, what to do now?
    TIA

2. dersder

dersder Member

For whats its worth i went the same way, from 'fat32 to NTFS'it seems you still have a very small amount of 'fat32'. that is the problem they do not mix.faults i had were drivers, memory computer resets and loss of hair. replaced v/c m/b h/d. after all that new h/d formated ntfs runs great. reformated the old h/d ntfs,reinstalled old memory and no faults any them.
    Lesson dont mix fat32 and ntfs. cheers

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Or worse... two sets of advice :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.