1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Trying to upgrade my HDD on my XBMC softmodded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sabath101, Jun 20, 2007.

1. sabath101

sabath101 Member

I'm trying to upgrade my hardrive to a 40g hardrive. I have been using the hdm from #xbins but it doesnt seem to work, when i place it into the xbox I always get an error message. Starting to get me frustrated! Could anyone help me out??

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Firstly, there are heaps of tutorials on how to do this. Use the search.

Secondly, the error you're getting is Error 5 or 6 right? Xboxs have a unique code that stops you changing the HDD (eeprom) you need this code before you can change it!

Get the eeprom, then use Xboxhdm v1.9 to build the HDD from scratch. You then need to lock the drive.

3. sabath101

sabath101 Member

For some reason when I do all that, yeah i had the epprom the whole time but for some reason my hardrive wont lock. Could it be giving me the error message because it wont lock?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can check the eeprom with a program called 'LiveInfo'. it will tell you the serial number of your Xbox. If it matches the one on the base of your Xbox you know you have the right one. Also, which error number did you get?

5. sabath101

sabath101 Member

I found out that the harddrive must be locked before I can connect it to the xbox and actually use it, so the first thing i need to find is a new hard drive. Thanks for the help anyways.