1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: unable to view file in burned CD! (file format is AVSEQ01.MPG)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by firefly81, Jun 13, 2004.

1. firefly81

firefly81 Member

I have, using NERO, burned a movie file with extension [bold].bin[/bold]

When i open the CD-R, there is a folder named MPEG2 which contains the movie file [bold]AVSEQ01.MPG[/bold]

However, trying to open this movie file using windows media player or real player result in errors.

For windows media player, the error message is:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

For Real player, the error is:

Clip not found - RealOne Player could not locate the specified clip. If you have moved this clip, please locate it below. (There is a browse button next to it)

So does anyone know how i can view the movie inside the CD-R since i am unable to open this file?

Thanks!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You need to play that in a dvd player like PowerDVD or WinDVD. Windows Media PLayer doesnt support VideoCDs too well.

3. firefly81

firefly81 Member

Yea..i downloaded and installed PowerDVD but still, it seems to be unable to open the movie file.

4. Praetor

5. firefly81

firefly81 Member

May i know what bottom 3 lines are you referring to?

Anyway, the PowerDVD version (trial) that i had only allows up to 30 mins of play time so i doubt it can play the movie file avseq01.mpg

I am really at my wits end...tried virtually all methods listed on the net under google search still unsuccessful...

Hope u can help me find a way to open the file avseq01.mpg

Please note that it is of extension .mpg when i opened the folder in the CD-R and not of extension .dat

6. firefly81

firefly81 Member

Hope someone can help me please.

7. Praetor

MPG ... DAT, its all the same :) (i.e., its still as VCD -- odd that it would be named that way though, you might want to pass it through VCDGear to do the conversion)

The only 3 bottom lines :p File, Video and Audio.