1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Unlock D807

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by bubbanerd, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bubbanerd

bubbanerd Member

Hello, I've read the posts and found some answers, but after getting half the way through in the process, it goes back to original problem.

I have to start out from step 3, with a valid sim installed, it comes up with sim lock. My sim card in my phone (nokia) now is not locked I use ATT, should I get a prepaid t mobile phone to get another sim and do the unlock as liste below?

As I said above I start out at #3, can do steps 4 and 5, but after the reboot with the sim chip out, it comes up with "Insert Sim". If I try it with the sim installed before it come up with Sim Lock, I try 8 zero's and that's not valid.

I did see a couple of paysites, but their english is terrible, lol.

TIA

Bubba

1. If you have changed your phone password, change your password back to the default 8 zeros (00000000).
    1a. NOTE (Modification here by my experience): Goto SETTINGS, SECURITY, then SIM LOCK and disable this before proceeding.
    2. Put a SIM card that is from a network other than the one your phone is locked to (I used a TMOBILE card from my buddy Darin)
    3. When Incorrect SIM (I got invalid card and there was a sim card graphic spinning) error comes up, type *#9998*3323#.
    4. White screen will appear with an exit option. Press the right softkey. (I ended up pushing the down key to get a menu)
    5. From the menu that appears, select the Malloc Fail option. This will reboot the phone and the normal service screens will appear.
    6. Type *0141# and then press the green call key. "Personalization" or "Personalized" will appear.
    7. Turn off your phone and put the original SIM back in.
    8. Turn on your phone. You will receive a prompt to enter a password.
    9. Type 8 zeros (00000000) (This is because the SIM LOCK Mentioned earlier gets switched back on)
    10. Completed. You have now unlocked your phone.

2. porto35

porto35 Member

Use Tmobile sim card (or any sim card not AT&T)to unlock your phone. I guarantee there is no problem at all, I unlocked over 20 of D807 already. Borrow one from whoever has Tmobile sim card

3. bubbanerd

bubbanerd Member

Thanks, friend here at work said he has a sim card he will let me borrow, I'll let you know either way...THX!

Brian

4. bubbanerd

bubbanerd Member

Hi, tried the phone with a friend's t-mobile card and got sim lock when I put it in. I tried the default 00000000 and it didn't remove the simlock to do the other entries. I really don't want to mess with his sim card too much. I may get a cheap sim card on ebay to play with it then.

Anyone else have this issue...TIA, Bubba

5. porto35

porto35 Member

which step did you get problem?

6. porto35

porto35 Member

No way you can mess up the SIM card, do not worry. the worst case is your phone will be locked, but if you follow the procedure carefully it is not going to happen. Try it again starting with step 2 and let me know. I will guide you

7. bubbanerd

bubbanerd Member

Hi, I get the sim lock as soon as I put the t-mobile card in. I'll try and borrow it again or buy one from ebay that has like 5 or 10 minutes left on it. Thaks for checking up on me.

8. bubbanerd

bubbanerd Member

Hi, remeber me. I tried with another tmobile card and it just comes up with sim lock and I can't get past that. I've tried 8 0's 4 0's 1234 and 12345678, nothing's working to unlock the card, no matter which card I try. Any ideas?..thx