1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP UPDATING FROM WINDOWS 2000 TO XP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by yankee317, Feb 5, 2007.

1. yankee317

yankee317 Member

Im currently running a IBM Thinkpad 600E /2645.The new problem at hand is the process of updating the system from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.After entering the Product value key Windows setup goes on to the next stage of "Preparing installation" its at that point when Windows Xp Pro setup comes up with ...."setup cannot continue because some necessary information cannot be accessed in the registry. . . . . Access is denied".This seams very weird considering there were no probelms installing Windows Xp on the system a few weeks back. HELP PLEASE!

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Have you tried wiping the drive completely of it's partitions? IMHO, it'd get better performance with 2000 then XP...but you can chop XP down enough.

3. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Im just after removing windows xp from a m8s comp, Hes running like a 7 year old machine and complains its slow lol i just installed 2000 to help boost his performance. But to be honest i dont really want him thinking hes got some ancient version of windows lol he dont really understand the stability side of things lol ,Morph you know where i can get a chopped down version of xp? any torrent sites or that?

Cheers m8