1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help updating my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by rage4ordr, Nov 6, 2012.

1. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

I have a jailbroken ipod touch on ios 4.2.1 and want to update to 5.1.1. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I could find online but I keep getting an error when I try to do a restore. Can anyone help me?
    I've tried a simple restore to the 5.1.1 ispw I downloaded. I tried a restore to the backup I made before my jailbreak. I tried Tinyumbrella also. Any other suggestions?

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Actually you need a updated installer for 5.1.1 however you might have another issue certain models of iPod touch only go to 4.2.1 and stop and cannot install 5.1.1 at all

Here is what you need to do to jailbreak with 5.1.1.

the ispw which you have excellent.

sorry you are going to need iTunes because you have to install a non hacked version of 5.1.1 before you can jailbreak it

once 5.1.1 legit version is installed.

run your jailbreak app and it will pop up with all the information in the installer and you are done

3. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Well, I just went ahead and updated to 6.0. I don't know if I can "downgrade" to 5.1 now. I do have it jailbroken but it is tethered though. Hoping and waiting for an untethered jailbreak soon.