1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! urgent, Internet.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by BluRay, Oct 25, 2006.

1. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Hi, I am using AD through a proxy at the moment because something is wrong.
    I cannot view the afterdawn webpage normally, you know like when you type www.afterdawn.com into the address bar you should be taken to Afterdawn, well for me it just keeps on showing the loading symbol in Firefox and Internet Explorer, and then after a while it will show could not connect, webpage unavailable, why is this happening? I in the UK I am with ISP Tiscali, and before I could always access afterdawn, what is going on here, please help. This is just with AD.
    Have I been blacklisted from afterdawn???

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no you are not blacklisted as you are able to post this. most likely a setting problem.

3. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

This problem is with Firefox and Internet Explorer, I tried connecting to AfterDawn with my firewalls off and anti-virus off, and it still would not load, the only way I can access this site is through a proxy server, the one I am using now is browserhelp.org.
    This happened some time yesterday, and at first I thought the site was down, but I asked friend to check whether it would load for him and it did.
    I don\'t know what to do now, I don\'t use windows firewall I use Zone Alarm, and I use network associates anti-virus, having them both turned off and I still cannot connect to afterdawn.
    What can be causing this probelem?
    Please help.

EDIT I can never get passed the loading bit, I always seem to end up on the server not found screen, for both IE and FF.

Before I could use AD perfectly well, and the only person using this PC is me so I don\'t think I have accidently done something to block, AD or maybe I have I am not sure but I really need help thank you.

I have even spoken to my ISP about this and asked them if they were doing something like blocking the site or something, they told me everything was fine and that they werent doing anything to block it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  4. ddp

have you tried system restore to prior to this problem?

5. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I have tried system restore I am still having to use a proxy server to connect to afterdawn.
    The system resotore did not work, actualy the system restore was succesfull in restoring my system but it did NOT fix the problem.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  6. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I tried another system restore point but to no success, for some reason the website wont load at all, and some other image links from photobucket when pasted into browser address bar wont load either.
    It seems the only way i can access afterdawn is through proxy websites like browserhelp.org, and that is very, very annoying, I never had to do this before, I even downloaded and installed Opera 9 and it won\'t work in that either.
    I really want to know what is going on, please all help is appreciated, thank you.

7. ddp

do you have a spare hd?

8. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

Never heard of a problem where a specific site opens only from a proxy server.
    Do your other sites open fine?
    Have you tried pinging your DNS server and your personal IP address?
    Have you checked your HOSTS file, for a slight possibility of some prog messing up with it?

9. Molder

Molder Regular member

Shot in the dark, reset your modem and router if on DSL/Cable, I had a similar problem with another site some time ago and that what worked for me.

M

10. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I tried everything, nothing worked, @ddp I have about three spare HD's not connected though, stored away.

Thanks for your replies everyone, thanks to ddp especialy.
    I woke up this morning and turned my PC on, and tried once again to open AfterDawn and this time it worked, weird huh??? Well anyway everything seems to working fine now, sorry to have caused so much trouble, but it would have been nice now to find what caused this problem, oh and you might like to know that after I could load afterdawn only with proxies I also found out that image links would not work either without a proxy, but anyway let me just make it clear that everything is ok now, and again thanks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  11. ddp

the reason asking for if have spare hd was to offline current hd & install windows on spare hd to see if still have that problem.

12. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Oh ok, I understand, but everything seems ok now :)

Thank You ddp.

13. ddp

teach & learn